Priceline Hotel: Sonoma Hotels - Advice Needed

phillyphlyer
By phillyphlyer,
in

Good morning. I'm looking to book a 4 star hotel in Sonoma from 7/28 - 7/31 for 2 people. I'd like to stay in downtown Sonoma. Based on previous posts, MacArthur Inn or Lodge at Sonoma are the only 4* hotels on Hotwire and Priceline, which works for me.

Hotwire shows what appears to be MacArthur for $293 per night. I assume its MacArthur since it lists complimentary breakfast as an amenity. It's been a while since a win was posted for MacArthur, so can anyone back up my assumption?

I saw that someone booked MacArthur through Priceline at 85% of the Hotwire rate. I'd be happy getting MacArthur in the $250 range. Before I start bidding, can someone help me with the rebid strategy? I've read the sticky post and found that there are several bidding zones for Sonoma (1 for Sonoma, 7 with no 4 star hotels). Does this give me 8 bids per day or more from combinations of two or more zones?

Thanks in advance!

While the properties above may be the only 4* hotels reported to the board in this zone, there could always be others, and you need to be willing to accept any 4* hotel (or higher) in the zone(s) that you choose. See the message at the top of the Priceline Hotel List for more information on this subject.

You are correct that you have SEVEN re-bid zones at the 4* level in this area. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for how to determine your re-bid zones (if you're confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you)

You can get much more than 8 bids per bidding session, but here is one example of how (which you can use if you're ready to start bidding)

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Sonoma...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Sonoma and re-bid zone6...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Sonoma and re-bid zone7...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Sonoma and re-bid zone6 and re-bid zone7...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. I just went through the bidding process with no luck. Starting bid was $180 and went up in $5 or $10 increments until I failed at $270 per night. The Hotwire price is $293, so I must be getting close. I'm wondering if the Saturday night stay is throwing off the bid. Rates are high in Sonoma on the weekends, but that should be baked into the Hotwire price.

It's a bit stressful placing so many bids with zones you don't want to stay in! I'm going to take a break until tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]