Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Little Rock (Downtown) La Quinta Inn And Suites Downtown Conference Center

86x
By 86x,
in

We bid $48 and won. With fees, it came to $62.

We saved a good deal ($17). On hotels.com, the same property was going for $79 + $10 = $89.

Incidently, I am not too pleased that priceline's fees were, in this example, 40% higher despite a lower starting value. It makes it difficult to make apples to apples comparisons, and it is total B.S. that they can't put their fees in the starting price instead of tacking them on at the end once they have your credit card. The hidden charge makes it hard to know going in if priceline is going to save you as much money at all. Fortunately, I made bank here. But it's not always a sure win. I am becoming used to having to put a buffer in for priceline's hidden charges.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal on this purchase and hopefully you enjoyed your stay (the dates are correct, this was a stay last month, correct?)

Regarding the fees... PRICELINE does show the total amount (including taxes/fees) before you commit to placing the bid. Also, if the system was designed to have the bid include taxes/fees, you'd have an equal number of people 'complaining' that 1) the fees are hidden, 2) that bidding in whole numbers 'rounds up' each win and therefore it's done for extra profit, etc, etc. You'll likely never find a system that pleases everyone.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]