Hotwire Hotel: Help to ID Montreal 3*

ppapillon
By ppapillon,
in

Haven't been successful with the bidding so far (hence no updates as yet)...

If another user was bidding 3* Montreal for the end of May but their last post was a month ago, wouldn't you wonder if they had been successful yet (but not posted their win) and/or want to know the amount of their last failed bid (and when the last time they tried)... as this information could be useful in your own bidding.

Please update your previous threads so that others can benefit from the information (even failed bids is helpful information), then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The last time the Hotel Espresso was reported to the board it was 3.5* rated, so if our guess above is correct, it would be a downgraded in star level (3.5* to 3*) since the last time it was reported to the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow and try.

Did you want to try for a 3.5* first OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better? Did you only want to bid the 'Convention Center - Old Montreal - Latin Quarter' zone?

I would ideally like the old montreal-latin quarter but I'm open to Downtown if I can't get the Old Montreal-Latin Quarter.

Does this mean that you want to bid only the Latin Quarter first up to your limit, then only add Downtown if rejected up to your limit... or does price ultimately prevail and the least expensive in either of these two zones is the goal?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy based upon your wants for this stay.

Unfortunately there are no re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in the Montreal Area.

I would try as follows:

Select 3* Latin Quarter...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Latin Quarter and Downtown...

Bid $55

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Select 3* Latin Quarter...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $58, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Latin Quarter and Downtown...

Bid $62

The above is not exactly what you asked for since you don't go all the way to your limit for the Latin Quarter zone before including Downtown, but with no re-bid zones i would use the above, as it does give you a chance to win the Latin Quarter zone first, and then if a Downtown hotel is available for the same price you have a shot at that... then increase your bid a little for the least expensive of the two zones. This gives you more bidding opportunities than just trying once every 24 hours. (if this is not acceptable then post back and we'll revise to try up to your limit for the first zone before trying the second zone)

Good luck and let us know how it goes (or if you want us to revise)

Yep I did. I bidded up to $62 over 2 days since I had to wait for 24 hrs in between. I think both times when I bidded (for the round 1 strategy of $50 and $55, then round 2 strategy of $58 and $62), they asked me to up to $76 to get another chance to bid on the same day.

I can confirm that the 3* on Hotwire with the five amentities listed (Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access) is most likely the Hotel Espresso. Matches up with one of my recent bookings which had it listed with those amentities as a 3*.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]