TX Waco Ramada Hewitt Hewitt

starbucksgirl
By starbucksgirl,
in

This has got to be one of the weirdest hotel stays that I have ever had....

Check-in - when we arrived we were greeted by an employee named Michelle. There was no one in line so we expected to be checked in rather quickly. Michelle spent almost 15 minutes trying to find us two rooms that were connected to each other. I'm not sure what she was doing on her computer but she just kept saying, "it will be one more minute." She didn't seem very competent at her job and she should have called for someone if she was having problems with her computer. She complained that she had just been chewed out by someone on the phone. Michelle was sitting in a chair behind the check-in desk and only stood up at the very end of our encounter to hand us our key room cards. It was a weird check-in. I felt like we were at some really small motel in a very small town not a professional Ramada hotel.

Room - the room was a super weird mixture of decor. The carpet was a seafoam green. One of the accent walls was a burgundy color and the tile in the bathroom was a periwinkle and light yellow amoeba-looking design bordered by a weird Spanish tile. I swear they went to a local homestore and just picked out whatever was the cheapest thing on sale and then installed it in this hotel. There is no cohesive design to this hotel.

Lobby - another weird design choice. Super white lobby with an odd full-length crystal chandelier and bright orange barstools and strange irridescent glass flower sculptures. I think they are attempting to give the lobby a modern feel but it just doesn't work. The whole design of this hotel is strange. They really need to hire a designer to help them pull the "look" of the hotel together.

Breakfast - this is another weak spot. The tables are a red and black lacquer design. The breakfast area is small and consists of 4 tables that seat 6 people each. This is an odd choice given that most folks travel in pairs not groups of 6. Granted, some folks will be happy to have a large table but most folks just felt awkward having to share a table with another couple or two. I wouldn't call the breakfast substantial. They had a waffle machine but it made weird waffles and they didn't have real butter (only crock spread). They had some old apples for fruit and 3 different kinds of cereals (raisin bran, fruit loops and cheerios). They had a small container of what seemed like powdered eggs and then a small container of sausage. They had yogurt and some small muffins. They had an apple and orange juice machine but both were watered down. Just weird.

All in all, it was a fine deal for the room (about $55 a night) but I definitely wouldn't pay more for this hotel. The room was relatively clean so that was a bright spot. The hotel is also in a good location (right off the freeway). There is a dairy queen across the street so that was a plus. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]