Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Downtown - Financial District) Marriott New York Downtown

gadgetgirl
By gadgetgirl,
in

Hi. This is only my 2nd time using Priceline and I'm a little overwhelmed but your forums have helped me wrap my head around it. I think I get the re-bidding process and starting with a lower star, but I'm just confused about how to make it so that my lowest star isn't the one I'm stuck with?

Dates 5/19 - 5/20

Wants: 3* or better, anywhere in Manhattan, max $250 (after taxes and fees)

Re-bidding isn't about starting with a lower star rating... it's about adding zones which only contains star ratings lower than the star rating you've selected. In other words, if you're bidding 3* and add a zone to your bidding in which the highest star rating is only 2*... you know that if your bid is accepted it will be in the original zone since the new added zone (the re-bid zone) only contains star levels lower than the minimum threshold have you've stipulated.

If it helps, here is a visual representation of the re-bidding concept:Priceline Re-Bidding Image

Use the method described here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, to determine the highest star rating available in each zone. If you've already read the information at the previous link and are still confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Which zone(s) did you select? What did you decide to do for this stay... have you found a back-up reservation, cancelled the trip, etc?

This stay is still nearly 3 weeks away so i wouldn't necessarily give up on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE just yet as inventory can change in the coming weeks.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I started with Midtown East and by the end I think I had selected every zone in Manhattan except Harlem.

I tried again today and the winning bid ended up being Marriott financial district for $255, $314 after taxes & fees. Then I went through Marriott's site and was quoted $254/$297 inclusive. Called PL for price match and they gave me $26 back - $1 price difference + $25. I wish they would take into account their own higher fees.

Total savings of $17. I'm trying to look on the bright side that it's still better than any options on Hotwire, Hotels.com, or small B&B's. Thank you for your informative posts. I hope to try my luck again next time.

Sorry to see this wasn't too much of a deal for you... do you recall if the Downtown zone was the least one that you added to your bidding?

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]