Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Houston (Pearland) Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Pearland

computer-girl
By computer-girl,
in

I have to travel to Houston, TX and I want to stay in the Pearland Zone.

I am new to bidding and was hoping that my re-bid zones are acceptable and if someone could recommend any other bidding strategies, including bid pricing.

And which to use Priceline or Hotwire.

There is no information that I could find regarding the History of Pearland, TX hotels. Pearland would also be a zone in Houston, TX.

I will have two sets of checkin and check out dates:

Checkin date: May 15, 2012

Check Out Date: May 18, 2012

Checkin date: May 19, 2012

Check Out Date: May 22, 2012

1. Hotel location: Pearland, TX

2. Zone: Pearland

3. Desired Zone Star Rating: 2.5* Moderate

4. Rooms: 1

5. Hotels - I found these before I located your website, they seem to be close

a) Hilton Garden Inn Houston Pearland () $101 - Pre-pay rate, non-refundable rate.

B) Candlewood Suites Pearland () $69.99 - Pre-pay rate, non-refundable rate.

c) Comfort Suites () $97.99

d) Courtyard Houston Pearland () $114 - Pre-pay rate, non-refundable rate.

e) Holiday Inn Express Pearland () $107 AAA

f) Hampton Inn Houston Pearland () $89 - AAA rate

g) Sleep Inn & Suites (2.5*) $79

h) La Quinta Inn & Suites Pearland () $ 85

i) Holiday Inn Express Houston South Pearland () $85

j) SpringHill Suites () $119 - $97 is lowest

k) Best Western Pearland () $79

6. Free Re-bid zones (I think): I DO NOT WANT TO STAY IN EITHER OF THE ZONES BELOW !!!!!!!!!

Tomball (2*, 1*)

Porter (2*, 1*)

7. I will gladly post a winning bid

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The two zones you listed above are indeed re-bid zones when bidding 2.5* in the Houston area, but there is a third re-bid zone available too. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and see if you can determine your 3rd re-bid zone, if not, post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Given the hotel direct rates, what would be your maximum bid for this trip? Will you be in this area for both date ranges above or is this an either/or set of dates for this trip?

Whether to use PRICELINE or HOTWIRE depends upon your needs/goals for this stay? With PRICELINE you need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose. On the other hand HOTWIRE will tell you a little about the hotel so you can take a guess as to which property it is that you may receive and/or know the amenities offered by the hotel (ie- so if a pool is important to you for this stay you can know ahead of time if the hotel you're about to purchase has a pool or not). The trade-off is that PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, so if lowest price is the most important factor then PRICELINE is usually a better option... if taking a guess as t the property (and therefore also having a guess as to the location within the zone) and knowing that the hotel offers certain amenities then HOTWIRE is usually a better option.

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please read your messages and use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your speedy reply and sorry for the confusion.

I need the hotels for BOTH dates.

I found the third re-bid zone, League City (2*, 1*).

I will update my original post as well.

I am not really sure how much my starting bid should be (minimum), and I'm not sure what a "reasonable" maximum would be ($50 or $60?). What would you recommend.

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay, this will enable each purchase to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and in our pricelinemaps. We'll use this thread for your first stay, 5/15-6/18, please start a NEW TOPIC for the 2nd leg of your trip.

HOTWIRE currently has a 3* hotel offered in the Pearland zone for $59 with Free Parking, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness, Pool, Business, Laundry, Hi-Speed Internet and also shows a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor rating.

While this property has not yet reported to the board, it's unknown if this property is a 3* or 2.5* on PRICELINE (each service uses their own rating system, at times HOTWIRE can be a little more generous than PRICELINE with their star ratings). Given that this could possibly be a 2.5* rated hotel thru PRICELINE, would this HOTWIRE 3* seem acceptable to you? If so, you could use $59 as your maximum bid for a 3* on PRICELINE (at the very least this would be a good maximum bid to use to start)

Assuming $59 is an acceptable rate, i would try as follows, using your THREE re-bid zones.

Select 3* Pearland...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try, once again using a link on the board to begin your bid (and not a link in any emails that PRICELINE may send you letting you know that it's been 24 hours and you can bid again):

Select 3* Pearland...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, my mistake...

Given the 3* rates at HOTWIRE, i would use the $59 rate there as your 'price to beat' and simply adjust the previous strategy to reflect 2.5* bidding:

Select 2.5* Pearland...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try, once again using a link on the board to begin your bid (and not a link in any emails that PRICELINE may send you letting you know that it's been 24 hours and you can bid again):

Select 2.5* Pearland...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received your first choice of hotel in the zone and that you're pleased with the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]