Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City) 05/04/12 - 05/06/12

cruisn76
By cruisn76,
in

Yes, you can bid the Rutherford area as a re-bid zone when bidding 4* in Jersey City, but unlike your post above, this zone actually has 3.5* rated hotels... are you determining your re-bid zones as per Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and NOT the hotel lists on the board?

Please read the previous thread for the correct way to determine your re-bid zones and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you read the link above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry thereuare, you are right, Rutherford does have a 3.5*. I actually miss typed that. As of this post I am pass the 24 hr rebid so I can rebid using only Zone 1 (jersey city) 4*. but if i get rejected again, all i need to do is add Zone 2 (Rutherford) and keep 4* selected and rebid. If I get rejected again I can add Zone 3 (Newark) or Zone 6 (Short hills) since it starts at 3* and rebid. If i am reject again then i SOL becuase there is no other zones that start below 3 stars. Am I on the right track?

Am I on the right track?

Sort of, but i think you can do better...

To begin, when bidding 4* in Jersey City you actually have SIX re-bid zones. Using the approach in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, are you able to see how there are SIX re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Jersey City? (you are correct that there are only TWO re-bid zones at the 3.5* level)

How high are you willing to bid for a 4* property before lowering your star rating to 3.5*? When bidding 3.5* are you still only trying for a Jersey City location?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you only select 4* you will receive a 4* rated hotel.

However, you need to always check your re-bid zones just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked (as new hotels are added to the system, and other hotels can be upgraded/downgraded at any time)

Good luck and let us know how the bidding goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]