Priceline Hotel: Seattle 4* Pike place

Debbs0723
By Debbs0723,
in

Hello all,

I'm new here and you guys seem really helpful. I am not new to priceline and hotwire. I just read that the Sorrento, which is not really by pike place, is on priceline's 4* list. Does anyone know that is still happening? I have read what seems to be all the recent info and didn't see that as one but it is a little scary as we really don't want to rent a car. We are going July 24-28th. Peak season, of course.

Thanks,

Debbie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are no announcements made when a hotel beings/stops participating in PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price service. PRICELINE's Seattle Pike Place zone does extend west beyond Rte 5 so the Sorrento would still be included in this zone. However, the Sorrento hasn't been reported to the board in a little more than a year, so it wouldn't seem like the most likely outcome, although there is no way to exclude it as a possibility.

If you're unable to take the risk of this property then HOTWIRE can be a better option and choose a property which you may be able to identify as something other than the Sorrento. As well, for many/most hotels HOTWIRE gives user feedback based upon certain categories, one of which is 'location'... purchasing a hotel with a high review on this criteria should safely keep you in a well located area. The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but in a situation such as the above, it can give you a little more confidence of avoiding a hotel you don't want.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Use our Priceline Maps and search 'Seattle', then UNcheck all the zone except for 'Downtown-Pike Place'. You can see the Edgewater is a bit away from the other hotels in this zone, but it is still located within the boundaries of PRICELINE's definition of the 'Downtown-Pike Place' zone.

Now in addition to the Pike Place zone, place a checkmark next to the Space Needle zone... some consider this zone to be convenient too, and you can see the Edgewater is not far away from most of the hotel sin this zone (Space Needle isn't my first zone of choice, some do choose this area for their 'downtown' stays)

Same principles apply as per my previous post... if you're willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone, then PRICELINE will likely be your cheapest choice. If there is a property in the area you're hoping to target or avoid, HOTWIRE can be a better, although slightly more expensive, option.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I've gotten help from you guys before and it has been great. Can you please help me identify a hotwire hotel in Seattle Pike Place downtown?

July 10-14th $159 per night

4*

Recommended by 85%

smoke free rooms

fitness center

restaurant

high speed internet.

thank you,

Debbie

I would like to edit the above also to ask if Hotwire uses the Edgewater when booking downtown-pike place hotels. I'm sure it is a nice hotel but I don't think it has AC in the rooms and I can't take that chance in the summer. that is one reason i was avoiding priceline.

Thank you,

Debbie

Is this trip in addition to your Priceline Seattle thread (you have two stays in this area in the same month) OR is this a new/alternate date of dates that would replace that stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... and your searches too! (please click each of the previous links before replying)

Thanks.

I also noticed that the Pan Pacific is the only 4* that seems to be in the space needle area. It seems like it is a little farther away but gets great reviews. Is that correct that is the only 4* in that area? I also need to correct myself. i called the edgewater and they said they did have AC

Thank you,

Debbie

I apologize that I keep asking questions but in my defense this is from my husband. If I'm trying to book for 4 night and I'm concerned about getting a hotel i don't love on the first try, is there any benefit to bidding twice? Each time for 2 nights? I'm referring to priceline bids. doesn't priceline sometimes give you the opportunity to add nights?

Thank you,

Debbie

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]