Priceline Hotel: 3* Miami Downtown Sheraton 11/22 1 night $38

Jenyphur
By Jenyphur,
in

:) Congratulations, you got your price of $38 for a 3-star hotel room. (Details below) :o

I started with a $30 bid and it came back and said to increase it by 8$ which I did. The same hotel on Hotwire is going for about $10/night more. :) The best part (for me) is that this hotel is a pre-cruise registration place for Carnival. Whoohoo!

Oh..I wanted to add something. When they rejected my first offer of $30, it said that if I upped my bid by oly $8 I could rebid without adding/changing zones. I have never seen that before. I tried upping it by only $5 and it wouldn't let me, it HAD to be $8. At that point, I basically knew I was going to get accepted.

Sheraton-Biscayne Bay

Check-In Date: Saturday, November 22, 2003

Check-Out Date: Sunday, November 23, 2003

Miami Downtown

495 Brickell Ave

Miami, Florida 33131

305-373-6000

Check-In Date: Sat, Nov 22, 2003

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sun, Nov 23, 2003

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price: $38.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $38.00

Taxes and

Service Fees: $10.78

Total Charges: $48.78

GREAT SITE...HELPED A LOT!

THANKS

Well done! and welcome to BetterBidding.

Didn't make much of a difference on this bid (maybe $3 or $4), but in the future you can often under-cut the counter offers. You can give this thread a read if you'd like some more info: Priceline Suggests Price to Pay

If you want to raise the bid by less than they require, you need to start over as a brand new bid (from the first page) and use a Re-Bid zone so that your bid is not exactly the same as the previous bid

Looks like the hotel's website wants $99/nite :) After all taxes, fees, etc you're at just about half price!!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Excellent Advice...I will try that on my next bid. We return from our cruise on 11/30. Because SWA has a blackout period for Nov 30 and Dec 1, I think I'm going to be stuck in Miami for 2 days....DARN :) So I'm going to need a room for 2 nights for the post cruise if I decide to go this route. Of course that means, 2 more days of eating out, sightseieng, shopping, etc. If I add those all together it's probably cheaper for us to just get the higher priced airfare home and get out of 'Dodge'.

I'll have to do the math and come up with a plan.

Thanks again....Jennifer

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]