Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Doubletree Chicago Magnificent Mile

Tash79
By Tash79,
in

Hi Betterbidding guys,

I'm heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks and need help booking two hotel rooms for the dates of May 18th - May 21st.

Would like to stay as close to downtown as possible (Mag Mile etc) but I have been having trouble finding anything for under $125 per night. Is there a big conference on that weekend? I know it's a Canadian long weekend so perhaps that is the problem.

What we need;

2 rooms

2 Stars +

Close to downtown

Happy to go as far as Skokie if we have to

Up to $125 per night each room

Can someone please help with bidding?

Thanks

Not sure if there is a convention going on this particular weekend - there is a massive one a couple of weeks prior. Still, rates unfortunately do look somewhat on the high side for these Spring dates. Have you tried any bids so far? If so, what bids have you made in terms of price, star rating and zone?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have unsuccessfully bid the below, I'm not sure my tactics are very effective <_<

$85, Millenium Park, 4 Stars - Rejected

added

$80, Millenium Park, 3.5 Stars - Rejected

added

$85, Millenium Park and River North, 3.5 Stars - Rejected

added

$75, Millenium Park and River North, 3 Stars - Rejected

added

$75, Millenium Park and River North and Lincoln Park, 3 Stars - Rejected

...I have been having trouble finding anything for under $125 per night.

Have you tried bidding up to $125/nite yet as it appears you have thus far only bid as high as $85/nite.

HOTWIRE does currently have a 3.5* property in the Mag Mile-Streeterville zone at $123/nite with amenities of: Free Internet, Fitness, Business, Hi-Speed Internet

Best guess for this property would be the River Hotel... would this HOTWIRE offer be of any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd definitely not recommend the 2* level downtown - the Congress Hotel is a possibility at the 2* level in the Loop area and I would not recommend staying there. The 2.5* area has not seen many wins reported either, and I'd be cautious. The 3*'s - especially in the River North-NMA area - are mostly very nice. Again though, I definitely wouldn't recommend 2*.

Are you driving? The North suburbs would be much cheaper - there's a 3.5* suite property in the Northbrook-Glenview zone on HOTWIRE for $57 (this property hasn't been reported to the board, but I'd guess it may be the Marriott Suites), but that would require a trek on the train into downtown - about 40-45 minutes on the Metra train (which are nicer than the CTA trains.) Skokie appears somewhat more expensive.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks Aaron, I won't go below 3 stars downtown.

Yes we do have a car but we are driving from Toronto (over 9 hours) and will only be in town a few days so are trying to avoid too much driving/commuting.

I have found Comfort Inn in Skokie for $94.00 per night, perhaps that is a good option?

Thanks for your help.

I have found Comfort Inn in Skokie for $94.00 per night, perhaps that is a good option?

It comes down to cost vs. convenience. Unfortunately the 3.5* MagMile HOTWIRE property i had referenced above is no longer offered at the moment, but using that as an example... you have to consider if it's worth the extra $30/nite to stay downtown and not have to commute.

If you do decide to go with the Comfort Inn please note we have links to this property, as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies in our Support Page, please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd read the reviews of this property on Yelp and Tripadvisor. It does offer free parking, but it's a good deal South of the city and there's really nothing much around it - it's not walkable to anything. Have you tried bidding up to that price for a 3* downtown?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]