Priceline Hotel: Predicted average price Chicago September 21-24

valencia
By valencia,
in

It's been a long time. We are planning a trip to Chicago September 21-24. I see Hotwire prices are "high" for those dates NOW.. in the $150+ range. I could not find any wins yet for September dates on your calendar of wins.

Since the Ryder Cup is in town at Medinah, is it logical to assume Priceline accepted bids will be "a certain percentage" of those prices? How much cheaper are accepted Priceline bids compared to Hotwire buying in general. I'm just curious if this has been "deciphered".

We haven't started bidding yet, but I am just trying to figure out an estimated budget, hopefully a better scenario than what I am seeing on Hotwire!!

I am using betterbidding to make all my searches and will definitely purchase through your links.

Thanks again for this great website.

Good morning! :)

While not as pricey as New York City, Chicago can be expensive in the Fall - nicer weather, some conventions, etc. The closest burbs (Skokie/Evanston) and the airport sometimes sees some spillover from busy days downtown, but most other burbs are usually not effected by what's happening downtown. If there is an event happening in the burbs, high rates are usually isolated to the surrounding 'burbs. There is not really a set rule as to how much cheaper PRICELINE bids may be than HOTWIRE rates, although if there is an event going on, the spread between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE rates (and between regular and discounted rates in general) may be thinner than usual.

Are you looking at staying downtown or in an outlying area? In terms of downtown, I think - at this point - you're possibly looking at $100-125 (and likely towards the higher end of that range) for a 4* in the two main downtown areas (Millennium Park/Loop/GP and River North-NMA), although you have time to try somewhat lower and work higher. In terms of an outlying area, the North suburbs (if you're driving) are probably going to come in around half of that or slightly less, but would require a 40-45 minute train ride into the city on the Metra trains (which are more comfortable than the CTA "L" trains.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]