Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Madison (Downtown) Sheraton Madison Hotel

Tweety61
By Tweety61,
in

I won this on my first try of $45 for a 2 1/2 star. I have stayed at this hotel a few times through priceline in the last year and a half since my daughter started at UW-Madison before we actually knew the area. However, even though it is a great hotel, we don't care for the location. Although the free parking is a plus, you can't walk anywhere.

In the past I have won the Hyatt Place (3 stars) and the Hilton (3 1/2 stars). I actually bid on a 2 1/2 star hoping for the Red Hotel and was upgraded to this 3 1/2 star. I would have preferred the 2 1/2 or 3 star hotels.

However, for this occasion, this will be fine. I won't need to be going out for the night or anything, so don't need to worry about transportation to the campus or downtown area. I am now going to hesitant in the future to use the name your price feature if I need to be closer to the downtown area because it seems this hotel accepts the most bids. I will sleep well here though because the rooms are nice and the beds comfy!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

While not the ideal location, glad to see the price is right and you'll be able to make this work for this trip.

In the future you may want to consider HOTWIRE where you may be able to take an educated guess as to the property you'll receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please read your messages and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

One *may* be able to figure which downtown hotels are showing on HOTWIRE - please let us know and we would be happy to assist with future stays. Sorry to hear that the location won't work well (I'd agree it isn't downtown), but glad it will work okay for your stay. You are likely already familiar with the area, but I recommend this website: http://www.madisonatoz.com/ for dining options in Madison; that blog reviewed every restaurant in and around Madison. The Devil's Lake and Wisconsin Dells areas not too terribly far away also make for fun day trips.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]