Priceline Hotel: Amsterdam/Paris CDG tips

rayzan
By rayzan,
in

Hello all :)

I could use some help with my bids for a summer trip.

I'm looking for a 5* hotel in Amsterdam City Center/Museum Quarter from June 25th-28th and a 4* hotel in Paris CDG for July 5-6th.

My maximum bid for Amsterdam is $130 and for Paris CDG is $120.

All my bids so far have failed:

Amsterdam City Center 5* $75.

Amsterdam City Center + Museum Quarter 5* $75.

Paris CDG 4* $75 failed too.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please use separate threads for each stay. We'll use this thread for your Amsterdam stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Paris leg of your trip.

For Amsterdam you only mention City Centre and Museum Quarter as being acceptable, but in your last round of bidding you also included the Central Canals... are all three of these zones acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Under Tools up above, there is a wonderful product called MAPS and HOTELS.com. It will quickly show you the hotel locations.

For your dates in Hotwire, the Amsterdam 4*s start at $91 and the 5*s start at $193. However, you've got plenty of time to work on up in your Priceline bidding.

Are you meaning a check-out on Jun 28 (3 night stay), or a check-out Jun 29 (4 night stay)?

Romelle

Yes, I checked the hotels and now I'm 100% percent sure I want Canals or City Center.

I want to check out on the 28th (3 night stay). I've seen past successful 5* bids for $100ish so I know it can be done.

Today I'm thinking about starting at $85 for City Center, adding $5+Canals, $5 + North and $5 + Airport if unsuccessful to make sure I get a 5* in Center or Canals.

Under Tools up above, there is a wonderful product called MAPS and HOTELS.com. It will quickly show you the hotel locations.

We've also updated Priceline Maps to account for the recent zone changes in this region too!

I've seen past successful 5* bids for $100ish so I know it can be done... Today I'm thinking about starting at $85 for City Center, adding $5+Canals, $5 + North and $5 + Airport if unsuccessful to make sure I get a 5* in Center or Canals.

Rates are date specific so you won't always be able to replicate another user's winning bid when rates for their dates are less than your own... based upon current rates my guess is that your ~$100 bids are a bit optimistic for a 5* hotel for these dates.

You can do better than your strategy above, if you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 5* in Amsterdam you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* City Centre...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* Canals...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* City Centre and Canals...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 10 months later...

Please use separate threads for each stay. We'll use this thread for your Amsterdam stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for the Paris leg of your trip.

Ended up getting the Renaissance Hotel for $85, beautiful hotel and Millennium Hotel Paris CDG for $90 but didn't end up staying there.

Please post the details of your Renaissance win in a reply to this thread... did you use PRICELINE for this purchase? If so, what was the star rating, city, zone, winning bid amount, and dates of your stay? We need this information so we can edit the topic title accordingly to reflect your purchase and enable this thread to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Then please start a NEW TOPIC for your Paris win so that others will be aware of that purchase as well.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]