Priceline Hotel: 3* Peoria (East) Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown

history100
By history100,
in

Most of the time it is great, at other times not so much. I have spent a month working on this bid, playing low, watching ads, gathering info, etc. I know that it is a smallish city so the deals are going to be few but I have stayed on Michigan Ave for half this amount so now paying $95 to stay in Peoria is less than satisfying. But it is still a lot cheaper than the conference hotel/rate, and I know I tried all the tricks before increasing the price high enough to get a nibble.

Have been working this bid for about three weeks.

3-star hotel, started around $40, increasing at $5 until I hit all 5 bidding zones in Peoria

Did that everyday until I hit about $70, still no hit. I kept working that way for about 2-3 weeks, staying low, hoping something would finally open up.

Finally I gave up hoping to find a three-star on the low end. I kept the same strategy but raised bid to $80, 85, 90, then finally 95. Got the Staybringe for 16% off their regular price.

So final play today:

3star, East Peario 80

3star, add one re-bid zone 85

3star, add second rebid zone 90

3star, add third rebid zone 95

Got the Staybridge and glad it is over. I used the link on this site. Thank you Better Bidding - at least I feel like I fought the good fight

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear it was tough bidding in this area, but hopefully this is convenient for your conference and you're pleased with the outcome given the circumstances.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]