Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Intercontinental New Orleans

Andrew4Bama
By Andrew4Bama,
in

The last couple of years, French Quarter Fest has gotten almost as bad as Jazzfest as far as hotel prices & availability. And a single night, Saturday night stay will always be the hardest.

The cheapest on HOTWIRE in those areas right now is $237+, if that's any indicator.

Lastminutetravel has an "on request" listing at $153. That's probably as good as you'll get, but I'd try calling them, since it's a weekend, if you book online, they might not confirm/reject it until Tuesday, and that's a long time to be committed for you when the deal might get denied.

Failing that, best bet might be waiting until the very last minute, friday or even saturday, see if any hotel with available rooms releases them at a discount then.

Good luck.

Andrew4Bama,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

I'm not familiar with this festival, but if as swag states it's almost as bad/busy as Jazzfest, i doubt that LMT will be able to get any additional inventory at their own contracted rate... hotel(s) would likely try to hold onto rooms in hopes of selling them on their own at full price (as opposed to the negotiated discount rate)

Which zones have you previously bid? What is the best rate rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels? (try our MAPS and HOTELS.com)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've bid the Downtown, French Quarter, and the Convention areas. I also used the other zones to re-bid on the 4*. The best price I was able to find through that link was the Ambassador Hotel New Orleans for $209. If I absolutely have to, I guess I can go up to $140, though I'd rather not.

Thanks for the responses.

As current rates there is a good chance that $140 won't be enough for a 4* either.

If you want to give it a try, you have FIVE re-bid zones available when bidding 4* in this region. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Selet 4* FQ and DT...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Selet 4* FQ and CC...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* FQ and DT and CC...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Personally i would first include the Convention Center zone in your bidding before adding Metairie, as at least the Convention Center will still give you something walkable (or a cab ride) to the French Quarter... whereas Metairie is pretty 'out there'. A taxi from Metairie will not be cheap, and if you have a car and drive to the 'downtown' area, i imagine parking prices will be escalated as well.

Ultimately it comes down to budget vs. convenience, which is a choice you'll need to decide which is more important to you.

Do you guys think I'd probably be better off just bidding in another area instead of overpaying (in my mind) for the downtown/FQ area?

What do you mean when you say "include" the Convention Center area? I thought I already had.

You did, i hadn't looked at the previous bids and only your latest quote where you only mentioned FQ and Downtown... not the Convention Center zone.

It still comes down to convenience vs. budget. If you have a car, have you considered the cost of parking when driving downtown... if not, have you considered the cost of round-trip cab fare? How much would a hotel outside of the 'core' area cost?

Well, I will have my car with me, but I'm not sure I'd want to take it downtown and park it. Plus, like you sort of pointed out, by the time I paid for parking/cab, I probably could have had a hotel downtown for that cost. That said, what do you think it would take to get a 3* or 4* considering the listed rates for the weekend?

I tried the 4* star strategy again today, but modified it to make Downtown my top preference. First time I searched between DT and FQ up to 135 with no luck. Then the second time, I searched DT and CC and got the InterContinental New Orleans on my last bid at $140. Finally! Thanks for you guys' help! Much appreciated.

Is this in a pretty good area of New Orleans?

Congrats on your success. :)

Definitely a nice result for this Intercontinental property. Glad you are pleased with the result and are looking forward to your stay. Hopefully others more familiar with NOL can comment on the specifics of the nearby area.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]