Priceline Hotel: RESORT - Miami Beach

Cool Canadian
By Cool Canadian,
in

Hi everyone,

I have noticed a new option that has not been listed before. The RESORT star level is now available for Miami Beach. I understand that the Loews was previously listed as a RESORT, but in the Collins Avenue Oceanfront section. This is the Miami Beach section, and it only seems to include hotels from 98th Street to 23rd Street. The Loews is not in that area. I would like to know what hotel you think this could be. Something weird that I have noticed when youo goto the list view of hotels in Miami and choose rating for RESORT, sometimes it says 2 hotels beside resort, but when I update the hotel list there is only one, the Loews. I am not sure what hotel this could be. Please help! I am searching for December 20 to January 6.

• 4 months later...

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort would be at least one possibility.

However, i'll add that this will likely be a difficult win given the family travel season (with kids out from school) and the New Year's Eve Holiday... usually not situations where hotels are looking to offer deep discounts.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep in mind that the Resort i indicated above is just one possibility... there could be others as well.

Deals can still be had, but rates will likely be higher than usual and discounts likely not as deep as usual. You definitely should try PRICELINE, but i would also not be putting all my eggs in the PRICELINE basket, as some hotels may not offer any inventory to PRICELINE for New Year's Eve, and if that is the case, then that hotel is not eligible to accept your bid, even if they have very low rates for all the other nites of your stay. (see SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID for more information on this subject and something you may want to possible consider).

Also (i'm sure you know this already but...) note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

I would also at least search HOTWIRE as while both do a pretty good job of averaging rates when there are fluctuations throughout the stay, but HOTWIRE still has a slightly better track record when there are big rate changes during the course of a stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks! I have booked before with Priceline for our family of 4. Usually I see what the hotels are, and if they have 2 beds in their standard rooms. South Beach area usually does not.

On Hotwire, South Beach starts at $355 and there is no Miami Beach for my dates.

If Im planning on going from December 20 to January 5, how do you suggest I split my bid? Thanks

Hi, I am currently looking for a hotel for our family vacation during winter break. I wasn't sure if this should be merged with my thread in the Priceline forum regarding a resort in Miami Beach, as this is Hotwire.

Anyways, any thoughts regarding what hotel this may be? I am thinking of splitting my stay into two hotels or two bids.

South Beach - Oceanfront Collins area hotel

4.5 Stars

CAD $291.18

In 50% of Hotwire customer reviews. :huh:

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Beachfront Property

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Could it be the Loews?

Thu, Dec 20 to Sat, Dec 29

CAD $291.18

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars (and if applicable the country to United States). Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

What is the room rate per nite in US Dollars? Are you seeing the above when searching for 2adults/2children OR are you only using the default 2adults/0children?

Also, does anyone know what the 5 Star in Downtown Miami could be?

Thru which service, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE?

Sorry for the confusion.

I have a new search:

2 Adults, 2 children

Dec 20 to Jan 5

Downtown Miami

4.5 Star

$228.00 (USD)

4.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Regarding the 5 Star Downtown, it was on Priceline. Any idea of what it may be?

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]