Priceline Hotel: Las Vegas Bidding HELP!

deemeghan
By deemeghan,
in

Okay,

So I have booked flights to Vegas from 05/03/2012 to 05/08/2012. Unexpectedly, my significant other and I are going to be moving at the end of this month ($$$), but we are stuck with the trip which we are both dying to go on, so I need to maneuver my way through bidding to make this happen, while not blowing the bank! :)

What we would be looking for is probably stay from the 3rd to the 6th (thinking of booking direct with hard rock sunday monday, but considering just booking all at one place if at the right price) 3/4 star is preferable, north or south strip.

Budget wise I would like to keep it around 100 a night, or lower.

I wish I could spend the money i had anticipated but it will be going towards the move.

If anyone has any advice on what type of hotels I should keep in mind, booking direct, finding other deals, if bidding now vs. later is better, etc. PLEASE SHARE

Cheers my fellow travelers!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Moving is definitely always a costly and difficult process - best of luck when you have to move later this month.

In terms of Vegas, would you be interested in trying to get the most for your $100 budget, or would you be more interested in trying to keep it under? Looking at 5/3-8, I think you should (depending on the zone) be able to get a 4* for at or under $100, although it may be a bit more difficult for 5/3-6 separately, which seem moderately busier/more expensive.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, update on my situation.

I will be driving to LA from the 3rd to the 6th, so now it is confirmed that I only need stay from the 6th through the 8th.

Hard Rock- Although it is off strip, the nice pool and younger crowd draws me in for a fun time. I have never stayed there and hear mixed reviews which makes me a bit on edge about it. I have previously stayed in Vegas for 3 weeks, as you can imagine I got a little burned out on the strip, gambling isn't for me anyhow. However my friend has never been so I am thinking she may prefer to stay on strip. In terms of staying on strip, what do you think I could find at my suggested budget, at or below 100 a night, prefer south strip as I hear better things about the hotels?

I plan on starting my bids tomorrow morning. I am just apprehensive about bidding as I don't want to get stuck in something we wouldn't care for.

Must haves: nice pool, swim up bars, close to or on strip, younger crowd/feel (we are 23) and nice bed!!

Cheers!!

Must haves: nice pool, swim up bars, close to or on strip, younger crowd/feel (we are 23) and nice bed!!

These are not criteria that you can select when using PRICELINE... with priceline you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating or higher that you select. If this is not acceptable, then HOTWIRE may still be an option as you can often take an educated guess as to the property being offered, and therefore have some insight as to what you think you will receive and determine if it will meet your needs/requirements for this trip.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]