Priceline Hotel: 3* Toledo (Holland) Courtyard By Marriott Toledo Airport Holland

breejan
By breejan,
in

My husband and I are needing to make a trip to Toledo for a funeral Monday and I'm looking for a good price on a nice room. We only need it for one night.

What I've tried:

I bid $49 for a 3* room in the Maumee area. That was rejected. I then added Holland and raised my bid to $63. That was also rejected. I'd really rather not stay downtown.

I know that I can get a room at the Fairfield in Maumee for $95 through the Marriot website.

Any suggestions? Wait until tomorrow and bid again for Maumee area only since that is where I prefer to stay?

Or perhaps add Oregon which seems to have no 3* hotels and raise my bid?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hotwire has a $54 3* in the Maumee area for Monday, April 9, perhaps some other possibilities. You can use the Hotwire numbers sort of like a max for your Priceline bidding, as long as you mentally adjust them a little. Hotwire can sometimes be a little more generous with its stars than Priceline is. Maybe a 1/2 star.

You can see a list of hotels other bidders have reported here in the very first posts of the Priceline - Ohio and Hotwire - Ohio areas. Also, with the amenities noted in the Hotwire list, you can sometimes make a good guess as to which hotel you might receive. You can also post the list back here and one of the experts will make their best guess. I don't seem to see a good match for the Maumee one, but if you are interested you could post back for more help.

Your theory about adding Oregon for another 3* bid is correct. FYI - there also is another 3* free re-bid zone if you'd like to have a second additional bid.

I'm a member, not a moderator or administrator, but I know you are undoubtedly short on time so thought I'd jump in for a bit.

Romelle

Sorry also to hear of your loss. May your friend's or loved one's memory be for a blessing.

You might want to check the Hawthorn Suites in Holland, OH. We were planning a Midwest trip this summer and that hotel looked to be a good possibility. The reason we ended up not going for it was because my wife thought that traveling there from where we live was too far in one day. Anyway, the Hawthorn advertises a King Suite for $61/nt, and they give a free hot breakfast. AAA rate is about $55. Of course, you have to add tax, but you wouldn't have the Priceline or Hotwire surcharge. Check to see if this site's Support Page has a link to Hawthorn. Good luck!

Based upon the options above let us know how you'd like to proceed, and if with PRICELINE, your maximum bid.

Also, using the information in this Priceline Re-Bidding Explained thread, are you able to determine your TWO re-bid zones at the 3* level?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly and/or suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did check Hotwire and also Hawthorn Suites but have decided to try bidding again on Priceline. I added "Oregon - Perrysburg East- Millbury" to area choices and bid $73.

I kept the 3* rating because there were just too many places for 2.3* that I knew I would not want.

3 Star Upscale Hotel 3-Star

Check-In Date: Monday, April 9, 2012

Check-Out Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Region Toledo, OH

City Areas: Holland

Maumee

Oregon - Perrysburg East- Millbury

Check-In Time: Guaranteed late night arrival

Check-Out Time: Check-out times vary by hotel

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $73.00

Subtotal: $73.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $19.21

Total Charges*: $92.21

My bid was accepted for Courtyard By Marriott Toledo Airport Holland. I'm happy with that. Even with my AAA discount on the Marriott web site the price of a room in this hotel was $113 + tax.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]