Hotwire Hotel: 3* St. Louis (Downtown) Ramada Plaza Hotel St. Louis

jtf7435
By jtf7435,
in

Trying for Downtown St. Louis 4*, from 4/20 - 4/22, for 3 rooms. Started at $42, increased by $1 each day. Up to $52 now, and even tried for 3.5 stars with no success. No Cardinals game that weekend. This 4* has usually gone for 45 or 46 in the past, but denied at $52.

I can book the 3 rooms separate if that would help.

Any tips?

I would definitely not book the rooms as three separate transactions, as there's a definite chance you could wind up with rooms at more than one hotel.

Rates may be up slightly due to the Spring season or something else going on - rates do appear moderately higher than normal for these dates, and I'm guessing a 4* downtown will likely take between $55-70.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

4/20/12 - 4/22/12, 4* Downtown St. Louis, 3 rooms for nights.

Up to $70 now, still with no luck for these dates. Getting all 3 rooms in same hotel is not super important, as long as we're all downtown. Think I would have more luck booking single rooms for those dates? I've tried dropping to 3.5* at 66 and 68 also with no luck.

I am actually considering the Hotwire rate $54 for 3* for those dates, but really don't want to end up in that horrible Millennium Hotel. (That place should be a 2*)

You can try bidding for one/two rooms at a time, but not sure if it will help. Rates are not that high for these dates and i suspect you are likely very close to a win.. i would think up to $80 would be successful for a 4* if you're willing to stretch the budget a bit more.

If you're looking at HOTWIRE, what are the amenities of the 3* property you're offered?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4/20/12 - 4/22/12

3* Downtown St. Louis $64 (3 rooms, 2 nights, 10 adults)

Recommended in 80 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Amenities:

Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

OR

3* Downtown St. Louis $64 (3 rooms, 2 nights, 6 adults)

Recommended in 60 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Amenities:

Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

Trying to avoid the Millennium, any idea which hotels these are?

The first property (3rooms/10adults) matches previous reports for both the Holiday Inn Select Downtown-Convention Center and the Millenium Hotel St. Louis, so either of these would be likely for this one.

I don't have a guess for the other 3* property which appears when searching for only 2rooms/6adults.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property is convenient for the needs of your group.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]