Hotwire Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown and Town Lake Area) Hilton Austin

binciong
By binciong,
in

I am looking for a Downtown Austin Hotel 4/14 - 4/16. Hotwire currently has a 4* for $109/nt with the following ammenities:

Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Hi Speed Internet

This matches with a number of different hotels according to the list:

AT&T Conference Center

Hilton

Hyatt Regency

Inter-Continental

Omni

Sheraton

W

Radisson

Hilton Garden Inn

At that price I would be fine with any of those hotels EXCEPT for AT&T Conference Center which I do not want to stay at because it's not Downtown and I'll be checking in there after the 14th for a conference. It appears to only be a 1 in 9 chance that it would be AT&T but with my luck, it would definitely turn out to be AT&T.

I've been checking these dates probably twice a week for the last 2 months and it just went down so I'm not sure if that would indicate that it's AT&T; maybe they had a larger than needed room block for a conference that they just released?

Should I just assume the worst case scenario and not book through Hotwire or is it worth taking a chance? Yes, I know that if I do book through Hotwire I need to use the links included here.

Unfortunately, this is a very common amenity set for this area and could be several properties, as noted above. There is a tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page (4/5) and the AT & T does have a 4/5, so it would be among the possibilities for this listing.

Are you still seeing this listing at $109? I'm seeing a 4* in this zone for $196 when searching for these dates.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Unfortunately, this would still look to be a possible match for the AT & T.

I will note that the location rating when I look at the detail page is 4.5/5. This is definitely *NOT* a reliable indicator of what hotel this may be, but if the AT & T is not optimally located in the zone, a hotel with a 4.5/5 rating for location may (and again, this is definitely a maybe) be something else.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congrats on your success! :)

Glad to hear that it wasn't the AT & T - I had a feeling if the AT & T wasn't optimally located in the zone, the listing wouldn't have a high grade for location. Glad to hear that you were able to avoid it and are pleased with the result.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]