Priceline Hotel: WANTED: Biddling Strategy for 4th of July - New Orleans (7/3 - 7/7)

ahb37
By ahb37,
in

Hi, I'm trying to book a 3/3.5/4 * hotel in the FQ or Downtown from 7/3 to 7/7. Not sure what the increased demaand for this weekend will do to my bidding strategy. Also not sure how duration of stay affects Priceline bidding?

I have put in a couple unsucessful bids at 60 and 65 for those two locations.

What do you think a reasonable excpection for for this week would be? I have lots of time to keep bidding, but not sure how long to stay in the 60/70 range.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A big part of the increased demand for that weekend is the Essence Festival. Since the fest is held at the Superdome, the Downtown Zone demand will be greater than a typical high-demand weekend in NOLA, when most folks just want to be near the French Quarter. My advice would be to add the Convention Center zone to your bidding strategy, you may have more luck there than in the DT zone.

If you use the search box on the top right corner of this page you'll see the PRICELINE zone maps and be able to do zoom in to see an overview of the area. The Covention Center zone is adjacent to the Downtown zone, so winning a hotel in this zone could be across the street from a Downtown zone or it could be as much as (approximately) a half a mile south.

However, since Friday nite seems to be the trouble day of this stay, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? You could likely receive a hotel for the first 3 nites of your stay at a very affordable rate, then stay elsewhere for the last nite of your trip. HOWEVER, note that availability for the last nite is VERY expensive and winning a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE hotel for this solo nite of your trip maybe quite difficult. (ideal situation would be if you have an early flight and could stay near the airport your last nite, but even that is very expensive at the moment.

If you're not willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this trip, as your current bidding is not realistic based upon the very inflated rates for the last nite of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]