Priceline Hotel: Too early or no inventory on those dates? 5/5/2012-5/13/2012

Leela
By Leela,
in

Hello, guys and gals!

It seems that I desperately need your help. :) I need 4* hotel at the Financial district and my dates are fixed, so I am stuck with Saturday check-in.

Hotwire is not offering anything for those dates. It is kinda suspicious and I cant even guess price range. So I was bidding (using your links) for couple of days now, reached 178$ and still nothing. Today priceline didn't even show that "Median price in this area", usually it is 269, but today it is just empty $. Huh?

Does it mean that they don't have inventory? Too early? Too late? High demand because of the Mother's day weekend? Anything? :)

I know that it would be reasonable to consider other areas/stars, but I really detest that.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The issue in this case is the Spring season, and the longer stay may also be causing some problems if there is a particularly busy patch within this period.

It would not be too early at all to bid for early May. What would be your desired budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You can book the Hyatt Embarcadero/Financial District for $158/nite on Lastminutetravel.com while you continue to bid on Priceline. Bookings on LMT are cancellable up to 3 days before checkin.

Actually, it is a great find, thank you very much. :)

I will bid for couple of days more and if not lucky - book on LMT. It is cancellable but they do charge you for one night and that is something my conscience could not live with.

Ideally it would be no more that 160 per night. I would like to keep total price with taxes below 1500$. Ideally.

BTW, is there any way to find out about strikes or protesters (mentioned a lot in reviews)in that area? We are travelling with small child and if something like that wakes him at 2AM I will turn into berserk instantly.

Thanks again for replies, I'll do my clicking a lot.

If you would consider changing hotels (I know, a pain when traveling and even more so with a child), there are some interesting results for shorter spans of time on HOTWIRE.

I did one day at a time, and then played with longer periods. Eventually learned I could still get Financial District results clear up to 5/5-5/12. A 3 1/2* hotel stayed with me, and averaged $117. It even had self-service laundry facilities!

Daily results:

.......4*..3.5*..3*

05 159 n/a 146

06 122 082 176

07 243 146 211

08 244 146 314

09 n/a 146 n/a

10 229 146 211

11 159 n/a 211

12 159 n/a 211

HOTWIRE seems to do a better job at averaging than PRICELINE does.

Maybe for that first night you could even look at other areas?

Romelle

Since Lastminutetravel was mentioned here again: maybe it's a good idea to start a forum for LMT. Of course, only if the LMT website supports advertisement clicks.

I like LMT because it's usually a giveaway" $90, 3* San Francisco Downtown/Union Square/Nob Hill, 18000 sq ft event space, pets allowed: that must be Holiday Inn Golden Gateway.

Good deal for end of May actually. I've not seen anything come near that on HOTWIRE or Priceline (I always use your hotwire or PRICELINE link to start searching). It wouldn't be my first time to book through LMT.

Actually, it is a great find, thank you very much. :)

I will bid for couple of days more and if not lucky - book on LMT. It is cancellable but they do charge you for one night and that is something my conscience could not live with.

The terminology on LMT is a little confusing, but if you cancel at least 3 days before your stay, it is totally refundable. Give them a call and ask. Also, if you call them to book with a person, sometimes the rate is cheaper than what is on their site.

The terminology on LMT is a little confusing, but if you cancel at least 3 days before your stay, it is totally refundable. Give them a call and ask. Also, if you call them to book with a person, sometimes the rate is cheaper than what is on their site.

I am paranoid person, :) so unless it is clearly stated that cancellation is free until someday then assume the worst. :)

I've chickened out yesterday and booked at LMT. Still unconfirmed because one day (05/09/2012) was "on request". And used to be all available. You're right, I should have done it sooner.

Thanks again, slruud.

Btw, if you make a booking by phone, can you pay with Paypal?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]