Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Marriott Crystal Gateway

MilkaMilana
By MilkaMilana,
in

Hi,

I am trying to get a hotel room in Washington DC for our travel dates of May 18 to May 22.

Prefered areas are in following order:

Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill area

White House - Downtown

Georgetown - Foggy Bottom

Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

Crystal City, VA

The budget is max 100$. We would deffinitely like a 4 or 3.5 star in Capitol Hill or White House area.

Do you think it's possible?

Also I tried the method of closing the browser and trying to bid again, but somehow it always says that

I have to wait 24 hours and they notice that I am bidding on the same trip.

Is there any way to bid more than one time per day?

Thanks in advance

Irina from Germany

Have you made any decision for the Priceline NYC leg of your trip yet? Please update that thread with any decisions you have made OR your current thoughts for that part of the trip, then reply here and we'll have a look at your DC stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Done :)

I actually started bidding on Washington DC already and one of the posts was of a great help for me (the one that pointed out how many ares don't have 4 star hotels and that I can keep on bidding like 7-8 times instead just 4 of my desired areas).

So far no success. Don't know if it's because I am bidding for 4 days (usually people bid for 1-2 days as I see frm posts) or because it's a bit early.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have bid in all the zones and star levels for that place, it will count exactly 24 hours after your last bid before you can place a new one.

There are multiple locations that don't have 4* hotels, so you can get lots of free bids from those other sites.

Be sure to check the bid locator map. It's amazing that for the hotel that I got in DC this past weekend, I was within $5 of all of the previously accepted bids, all year round. So be sure to use that feature as a good starting point if you don't have enough time to work your way up.

Thanks for the Tip :) I am still bidding and trying with a low budget. Have a bit of time yet, so can allow me that :)

In general I am trying following ranges:

4* Capitol Hill, White House, Dupont Circle, George Town - max 85$ (max 400$ with Taxes)

3,5* Capitol Hill, White House, Dupont Circle, George Town, Crystal City - max 75-80$ (max 350$ with Taxes)

3* Crystal City, Capitol Hill, White House - max 65$ (max 300$ with Taxes)

From the bidding history of others, looks like it's possible to get the hotels for that price.

There is something that bothers me a bit. In the box where you enter your price, there is an avarage price for the chosen hotel category in the first choice region.

How much lower is realistic to bid bellow that named price? Lets's say the avarage price for 3* in Crystal City was 129$ and my final bid of 68$(as far as I remember) was rejected?

What's your experience on that?

Thanks a lot.

Irina

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this nite of your stay and are pleased with the outcome thus far.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, the balance of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this nite of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]