Priceline Hotel: Help for May 18-20 New Orleans Bidding

tufty2000
By tufty2000,
in

I see some other requests for May bidding advice in New Orleans, but have a couple of questions I don't think were asked.

I've been trying to Priceline a hotel in the French Quarter for May 18-20. All my bids have been through the Betterbidding.com link. I started with 4* in the French Qtr, going from $100 to $120 and getting shot down. I tried 3.5 stars at $100 in the French Qtr without success.

I'd like to stay at 3.5 stars or above, and to not pay more than $120 if possible. I'd prefer to stay in or as close as possible to the French Quarter but realize that I may have to go to another zone to keep the price reasonable. Does anyone have recommendations about:

1. What a 3.5 star in the FQ is likely to run.

2. If I expand to other zones, if I'm better off adding the downtown area or the convention center first (in terms of accessibility to FQ and quality of hotels), and where I should start my bidding those zones.

Thanks.

We really don't see too many wins at the 3.5* level so it's difficult to stay what it will take, but as you've already tried up to $100 and your limit is $120, there really isn't much room between the two so i'd simply suggest working your way up towards your maximum bid.

If you're open to other zones i'd sooner look at the Downtown zone as it is closer to the Quarter than the Convention Center zone (which extends a bit further out). I think you have a chance at a 4* in the Downtown zone, if you prefer the higher star rated hotel in the non-French Quarter location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at the 19-21. Please let me know what you find. We will be renting a car as well, as we are bowling in Baton Rouge on the following Tuesday and Wednesday. So with that into consideration, would it be wise to get the car when we get into town on Saturday, or wait until Monday when we are leaving? I am seeing most properties in the FQ have $28/day parking fees. If we bid on Downtown, will we need a car and are there large parking fees there as well?

I would like to spend around $100/night as well, but lower would be fantastic.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]