Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Hyatt Regency Toronto

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Started bidding at $77 plus had $7 Pline bonus cash/night. Did 7 free re-bids increasing by $3 each. Then on 8th bid-upped it to $108, then on 9th upped it to $115 plus the $7. Won Hyatt Regency on King St. $115/night plus taxes: total for 2 nights = US$273.18 paid by me.(Plus extra $14 was Pline "money".)

Did not include Downtown North in bid as couple of those hotels do not have pools.

Think I got a bit carried away bidding-thinking I should use the $7 bonus cash which expired at midnight.

Cheapest rate at Hyatt.com is $175/nt plus taxes, so saved a bit of money.

I assume hotels are busier than 2 years ago, as when I attended Roger's Cup tennis 2 years ago I got the Sheraton Downtown for $79/nt on Hotwire!

Now to look for another hotel for Aug.11-13. I think I will just watch and wait a while. :)

Congratulations on the win.

This is a great hotel and the location is amazing. Just in the downtown area. King street is great for restaurants and night life. Of course the rest of the downtown area is just a walking distance away from the hotel.

Enjoy the city.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in Toronto/Downtown South for about the same time period. Any general advice on whether it's a good idea to try to book now vs. waiting until closer to the date of the stay?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please start a new thread and we would be happy to help with your stay. Our PRICELINE FAQ discusses purchase timing in detail.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]