Hotwire Hotel: hot Rate Hotel in Boston

mhuth4283
By mhuth4283,
in

My husband is running the Boston Marathon and we are trying to get a hotel at a reasonable price. We have tried Priceline by bidding and have had no luck. Recently we got an email from Hotwire saying there is a 3* hotel in the Brookline-Newton-Havard Area for $181....this seems like a really good price. Just wondering if anyone got this same deal and if so what the hotel was. It says 26 people recently booked this deal...so did all 26 people get the same hotel? Also, are the reviews listed for this all for the same hotel as well? I just never seem to have luck with Hotwire. I would love to book this but I want to be sure we are close to the public transportation. Please help!

What are your dates?

If you haven't found it already, the very first post in this Hotwire - Massachusetts area is a list of hotels people have reported here.

Personally, most of the last 1/2 dozen trips I've taken, I've bid Priceline up to the Hotwire rate offer with no success. So accepted the Hotwire offer. Different cities, and small sample, but I've definitely had better luck with Hotwire. I don't have the nerve to wait until the very last day, as some people do, so maybe that would have changed my results. I've sometimes even gone a little above the Hotwire level to adjust for Hotwire's sometimes more generous star rating.

If you really zoom into those Hotwire maps, the Metro stops are marked. People have different definitions of "...close to the public transportation".

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay, as well as the amenities associated with the HOTWIRE property you're referencing above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Our travel dates are April 14-17. The hot rate is $176 for this 3 star hotel. It says it is listed on other travel sites for $359. It is listed as the Brookline-Newton-Harvard area. The amenities include:

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

high speed internet access

From the research I have done it could be either Holdiay Inn Brookline, Crown Plaza Newton or a Doubletree. If it is Holiday Inn or Doubletree that would be great. The Crown Plaza would NOT be good though bc it is not near the subway. When I called Hotwire to get the customer reviews for this hot Rate hotel one review said the elevators were not working during St. Patrick's Day weekend. So I called the hotels listed above and the Crown Plaza did not have working elevators that weekend.......I guess I am confused....is this rate always for the same hotel, meaning that the 33 people that have booked it in the last 24 hours all got the same hotel or does it rotate among the 3 star hotels? Do the reviews pertain to one hotel in the instance of the elevator issue or are they mixed reviews? Does this make sense? Please help!

Have you noticed the Priceline secondary Boston bidding areas listed under the map?

The first two are named "Metro"-something, so presumably have decent metro transportation into the city. I'm not personally familiar with the area, but you can see the Braintree-Quincy area in Boston Metro - South is really close to Boston. And when I zoom in on the detail map, I can see metro stops.

Also, Hotwire tends to be a little more generous with its star ratings, so a 2 1/2* on Priceline could be equivalent to a 3* on Hotwire.

I'm a member, not a moderator. But if I had your particular bidding challenge, I think I'd bid as many Priceline zones as could possible work for, and I'd consider bidding at the 2 1/2* level. You can look at the hotel list at the top of the Priceline-Massachusetts area and see if the hotels reported here are acceptible. Also, you could check for reviews in the Hotel Review area here, as well as on TripAdvisor.

Another plan - I see Hotwire has a 2 1/2* at Logan Airport - $130. It has shuttle service to the airport. If it is like most airport shuttles, it runs every 1/2 hour. From there you could use the metro. If you are bringing a car parking might be an issue, but the cost could be offset by free breakfast?

Romelle

I guess I am confused.... does it rotate among the 3 star hotels?

It's one hotel.

Do the reviews pertain to one hotel in the instance of the elevator issue or are they mixed reviews?

It's hotel specific.

I also just noticed that the location in regards to miles away from the city has changed since this morning for this same hot rate hotel.....so does this mean it is a different hotel now?

I think it's the same hotel, are you sure you entered the same location in the search box each time? If you searched 'Boston, MA' the first time and 'Quincy Market' the 2nd time, you'll get different distances. The mileage is from the center of the zone, not the specific hotel being offered, so you shouldn't be using this information to try to determine the hotel offered, since all hotels in the zone will show the same mileage.

Does the marathon start in Hopkinton, if so, what metro stop is nearby? What about the pick-up points where busses take you to the starting line?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The marathon does start in Hopkinton. The T doesn't go out there. There is a commuter rail (the Purple Line) that goes to Framingham and then a bus to Hopkinton, but that's a long trip from Boston. However, since the marathon ends in Boston you'd have to make the trip one way or the other! (The Framingham-Natick and West Loop are the Hotwire areas most convenient to Hopkinton, but if you're staying for several nights those areas are not going to be much fun.)

Any idea what this 2.5* hot Rate hotel is in Boston with travel dates of April 14-17 for $159? The amenities listed include:

high speed internet access

complimentary breakfast

This Brookline-Newton-Harvard property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any insight as to which one this may be... have you reconsidered your zone selection based upon the experience and comments of mhuth4283 above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]