Priceline Hotel: 2* Oacoma Chamberlain Days Inn Oacoma

nupdcop
By nupdcop,
in

First few bids for this area were $25, $29, $30, $33, $35, $37 and $39. All were rejected :angry:. Placed a bid of $40 which was accepted at the Days Inn. With taxes/fees the total amount is: $52.87

If you book directly with the Days Inn via their website and are booking at least 14 days in advance, they offer a discount that way as well. I had been checking this prior to my final bid so I knew what I could safely bid up to without over paying (I had been checking the Days Inn and Howard Johnson websites as I knew that these properties were both normally rated 2* and they are in Oacoma SD - Howard Johnson's room rate is $10-$20 higher than Days Inn).

If I had booked online at the Days Inn vs. Priceline the total amount would have been $53.83 which means that I saved $0.96 by using Priceline... this is by far the lowest amount that I have ever saved... if I did my math correct I saved 1% :wacko: .

I guess one could have waited until 13 days out to bid and then the savings may have been more (rooms would then go for $66.79 on their website).

Upside to this is that they do have breakfast that is free so I will make sure that the family is loaded up on that before we leave. We were just looking for a place to sleep after working all day and then driving all afternoon/evening on the way out to Rapid City.

Glad we got this property, just wish the savings would have really been something. Used the PRICELINE link through betterbidding.com and will leave a review of the property upon our arrival home from the trip.

Sorry to see the savings weren't more on this one, but at least you had researched and knew your limits beforehand, so no 'true' deals were available for this given stay.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding and for sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]