Priceline Hotel: 5* Paris Help

BidWarrior
By BidWarrior,
in

When bidding 5* in Paris you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 5* OQW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* OQW and re-bid zone6...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* OQW and re-bid zone7...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 5* OQW and re-bid zone6 and re-bid zone7...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you really want a 5* hotel in this zone i would perhaps consider increasing your bid another $25 as you can see this Priceline win for the month prior where a one week stay was had for $275. This doesn't mean that you'll necessarily be successful for your own dates, but a $275 bid was accepted so it is at least a price point that you might want to try.

Personally i think that $250+ is a lot to spend on a hotel room and i would likely consider including other zones that contain 5* hotels OR lower my star star rating to 4*, depending upon what is more important to you... getting a 5* hotel OR being in this specific zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts as to how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates is there anything offered at the 4* level for somewhat less than $250, preferably one with a high user satisfaction rating (and ideally a high rating for location) and/or a high tripadvisor rating? If so we could then try to identify that property and if you find it suitable it would give you a hotel that you're comfortable with for less money, and not necessarily needing a 5*.

I did just do a quick HOTWIRE search for your dates and most of the hotels don't show a user satisfaction rating, which make the above suggestion more difficult. Assuming you don't have a back-up anywhere near this price point i'd try up to $275, then if that is rejected we can try a HOTWIRE search tomorrow or in the coming days and hope for more listings with HOTWIRE satisfaction ratings.

If you're able to adjust the previous strategy to go to $275 let us know how it goes... or if would like us to edit accordingly to use a $275 maximum bid let us know and we'll re-post it up to $275.

thereuare,

My budget is a little tight for this trip and am now entertaining a 4*. I have found this hotel Hotel Gabriel Paris Marais, but I would definitely like to get something a little more central.

As of right now, I am looking at 4* only in the OQW, but would be willing to add 4* in zone 8 & zone 10.

Your thoughts?

To confirm, you have not yet done any 4* bidding, correct?

If you're ready to start bidding at the 4* level, did you only want to try for OQW or are you also willing to bid the other two zones you're considering? Please list the other zones by PRICELINE name (rather than by zone number) since the zone numbers will change whenever PRICELINE add/removes/renames the zones.

Thanks.

I am looking for a 4* in OQW, OQE, and St. Germain/Latin Quarter. My first preference is in OQW, but am amenable to bidding on the other two, if I don't initially get what I want.

To clarify, did you want to only bid for a 4* hotel in the OQW zone up to $170... then if that is rejected re-try including OQE and Germain/LQ?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

As mentioned before I love priceline and hotwire but sometimes (like the upcoming trip with aunt I needed to know what I was getting

I reviewed literally hundreds of hotels on all the sites and read the reviews on tripadvisor. Having lived in France I know both that 4* and 5* hotels in Paris are enhorbitant and that the hotels in mid range are often not the same standards that we know in the usa

So . .. this time I decided not to take my chances, even the Best Westerns, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inns were in the $250 range. I found a $319 (EUR 202) rate at the St James Albany, booked directly with the hotel - NO advance payment and cancel up to 24 hrs before with no penalty. Can't beat that or the location or the property for that price

Otherwise there is a BRAND NEW hotel that is offering OPENING PROMO web only EUR 145 CANNOT BEAT THAT!!! http://legendhotelparis.com/

At the 4* level in Paris you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* OQW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* OQW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Select 4* OQW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* OQW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

If the above is rejected report back and we'll revise to include the other two zones.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]