Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Saddle Brook - Teaneck (Saddle Brook - Hasbrouck Heights) Holiday Inn Saddle Brook

wallyworld
By wallyworld,
in

Hi -- looking for a little help on a 2* on Hotwire.

As always started my Hotwire Search using the widget above for a room in Secaucus-Meadowlands. :)

A $56 for a 2* deal came up, and the amenities listed were: Airport Shuttle, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s)(more linked also revealed self-serve laundry, business center, and high speed internet).

I checked all the chain websites looking for the Airport Shuttle in this area for the hotels I think would be considered a 2* and found NONE that offered that (Airport Shuttle) as amenity, Specifically: HoJo's in Clifton, RedRoof inn Secaucus, both Extended Stay America's (Rutherford & Secaucus), both La Quinta's (Clifton & Secaucus), even the Days Inn in North Bergen. Anyone have any other ideas what property this might be?

(Wanting to avoid the dumps obviously).

While the 'Shuttle' amenity shown by HOTWIRE usually means a Complimentary Shuttle provided by the hotel, in the strictest of definitions it simply means that one is available (and it could be run by an outside company and/or for a fee). Given my knowledge of this area i think that this is the case here and a hotel may be listing the Shuttle amenity if a third party (such as 'Super Shuttle') offers pickup/dropoff at their property.

What are the date(s) of your stay? What is the purpose/goal of this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate it.

I too am familiar with the area, so trying to avoid a few that are less than desirable. I am staying for business 3/18 - 3/19.

Do not need the airport shuttle, it was merely an identifier I would hope will define the property. There are a couple 2* in this area I would gladly stay at for the price quoted ($56). But there are a couple I would not get near unless it were half that price (and even then I shiver a bit :rolleyes: ). I see it only has a 50% rating from HOTWIRE itself, so I will probably pass and try my luck at PRICELINE.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

Do not need the airport shuttle, it was merely an identifier I would hope will define the property.

Understood, but my point was that since SuperShuttle picks up at almost any hotel, this amenity in this area wouldn't likely be useful to assist in identifying the property.

If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, PRICELINE please simply continue this existing thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, PRICELINE please simply continue this existing thread.

Thanks for the previous help. As I said, I was "hoping" that amenity would identify the property. :) Just did not work out that way, your expertise on that is appreciated. Its why I come to this site to begin all my bidding. :wub:

I finally gave up on PriceLine in my preferred area and went to my "fall back" bidding area of Ridgefield and Saddlebrook Paramus and booked the 2.5* Holiday in located in Saddlebrook at $52 a night! (3/18-20/2012). Used the "add a night" feature once the hotel was identified to add Monday night.

As always, used the Priceline widget above to start my bidding. If you should want me to post my win in the Priceline thread please let me know, although I have posted previous wins already to this property.

Congratulations on your success!

While not your preferred zone, glad to see you received a nice deal on a hotel in this neighboring zone and that you're familiar with the property.

Please do share all your wins as the additional data points is always helpful (certain can't hurt) and know of the win for these specific dates may help another user who is looking at the same dates (or days of the week, year over year comparisons in the future, etc).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]