Priceline Hotel: 3* Lexington (South) Crowne Plaza

r_report
By r_report,
in

I am trying to find a cheap stay in Lexington, Kentucky for 3 nights. The 2 of us will arrive on July 29 and leave Aug 1.

Ideally we would like to stay at the Crowne Plaza, which is where the conference is being held.

Hotwire's zones are pretty big, so I don't want to be stuck with a hotel far away from the Crowne Plaza because that's where I need to be for the conference. I don't mind paying a bit extra for the Crowne Plaza, because it will make things much more convenient.

I read someone post that the 2.5* hotel that is listed on Hotwire is the Crowne Plaza. Is this true?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is Priceline's zone too large as well?

If you're unable to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone than i don't think your plans are flexible enough to use either of the opaque services in this situation.

The Crowne Plaza has not yet been reported in this zone on Hotwire, but that chain is usually rated higher than 2.5*.

If you find that HOTEL DIRECT prices are too high and you can be more flexible in your geographic requirements, let us know and we'll try to help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to bid on a different hotel, hopefully in the Lexington core (downtown). I will rent a car to get to the conference hotel instead, which I have secured through Enterprise for about $25/day + insurance.

I am thinking of starting my bid at $45... I would like to stay in a 3*. what increments should I go up if that fails?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]