hotwire/pl question

traveljunkie
By traveljunkie,
in

I have a question about car rentals. If you rent a car with either pl or hotwire and you return the car an hour or 2 late what fees do they (the rental car company) charge you? The going daily rate? I ask because we are supposed to fly out of Orlando at 5:30 PM on a Saturday but as I check UAL scheduling, their planes are late departing almost every day (same flight). But if I increase my rental period by 2-3 hours then I bump up to 9 days vs. 8. Any thoughts?? Thanks!

Frequently rental car agencies extra hour / day charges are going to be a lot higher than what you paid, especially if it is during days in which they expect to generate higher profits from business customers. Call your car agency and ask them what the charge is. If it is too much, you can always come back to the airport early and enjoy a meal / beverage there.

Ps - if you have a winning bid, please post it.

the rental agency will spell out the hourly late charges to you when you bring back the car. You might be charged an extra day if you are 3 hours late, but call the agency and please include this as well as your winning bid for the benefit of others reading this thread.....

I will post any bid that I win. I have been posting my PL rejections on the rental car section. At this point I am pretty sure I will go with Hotwire on this one which I've seen for $16.95/day on a fullsize minus the Entertainment Book coupon. I can't beat the rate. I just can't decide on an extra day vs possibly sitting around the airport....now that I think about it, with the terror threat up again, security will probably be 3 hrs next month anyways.....

thanks for the input, I'll be sure to post my win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]