Priceline Hotel: CHARLESTON 4/2-4/6

wjcassidy
By wjcassidy,
in

What is your maximum for this trip? Did you want to try for a 3.5* first up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 3* hotel... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 3.5* level you have FIVE rebid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

While i don't think you'll be successful with this first round of bidding, with a little time on your side i would try the following first:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75 if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above then fails (which is still quite possible) post back and we'll revise to try for a 3* hotel in this zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HI Thereuares

Started my bidding - here's what I did

I used your suggestions with a few alterations

Bid on a 3.5 in Downtown Charleston

Started at 90- Rejected

added zone 2, bid 100- Rejected

Added zone 9- Bid 105- Rejected

Added zone 4- bid 110- Rejected

Added Zone 5- Bid 120 - Rejected

Added Zone 8- Bid 130 - Rejected

I'm thinking I will bid 140 tomorrow for a 3.5 and if rejected start bidding for a 3*

Maybe I will even go up to 150. for a 3.5*

I'm feeling a little reckless, so why not?

What is a realistic place to start bidding for a 3* ?

I haven't looked into the re-bid zones yet for a 3*, how many are there?

At this point I will go as high as I need to for a 3*.

Whatever I can get will still be better than the rack rate.

So thanks for the hand-holding thus far, what do you suggest for my next step?

If you're willing to bid up to $150 i would use the PRICELINE link on the board and try this on your next round of bidding:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If you're looking to lower your star rating to 3* you have THREE re-bid zones. Feel free to confirm them with the board and/or if the above fails, we'll suggest a strategy for a 3* property if you let us know your maximum bid.

Good luck!

If you're willing to bid up to $150 i would use the PRICELINE link on the board and try this on your next round of bidding:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

If you're looking to lower your star rating to 3* you have THREE re-bid zones. Feel free to confirm them with the board and/or if the above fails, we'll suggest a strategy for a 3* property if you let us know your maximum bid.

Good luck!

WOW. I just finished a round of bidding using my work computer so I was able to bid before the 24 hours I bid up to $175 with no success, so I am ready to start bidding on a 3*

Here's what I did using the PRICELINE link on this board.

140. Downtown Charleston- Rejected- Added Zone 2

145. Rejected- added Zone 4

150- Rejected- Added Zone 5

155- Rejected- Added Zone 8

160 -Rejected- Added Zone 9

175- Rejected :o

I am ready to bid on a 3*

I'd like to start at a realistic number, what would be a good place to start?

I am beginning to consider staying outside of Downtown Charleston, since I will have a car.

Might I have better luck in the Ashley River Area? It seems to be pretty close to Downtown

Before lowering to 3* did you see HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone for less than you have already bid ($169) which i'm guessing is the Marriott.. any interest in this offer or do you prefer to try for a 3* on PRICELINE? If PRICELINE, what is your maximum bid at the 3* level?

HI THEREUARE

I did notice what I assumed was the Mariott for 169 on HOTWIRE, but I have found a vacation rental for 159 at the Joseph Aiken Carriage House

This fits my needs nicely and is quite affordable in light of Charleston rates.

Looks like a pretty cool place, and I won't have to pay extra for parking. Since there is a kitchen, I'll save a little there as well with breakfast and such.

So thanks for all the help with planning this trip. I will continue to use PL when I can, it's usually the best deal around, too bad I couldn't

Work things out for this trip .

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]