Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto Downtown South Help (May 2012)

twiggers
By twiggers,
in

I am in Toronto for a conference at the Sheraton Centre from 5/16-5/19. I am familiar with Priceline bidding and have reviewed current prices and last year's price (prices should be up a little from last year with economic conditions improving). However, I went to try and bid 4* and no luck. I went up to $95 and stopped.

I do want a hotel in Downtown South and can't change dates. I'm not anticipating getting the Sheraton due to the conference. Conference rate for the Sheraton is $199/night, so obviously I'd like to be saving money. Ideally, my max bid would be $100.

Am I just too early? I'm somewhat concerned because Sheraton is showing sold out (possibly due to holding block of rooms for conference) so that removes one of the 4* hotels on the Priceline list. Rack rates at other 4* are averaging $230+. I wonder if I should just grab a hotel room through the conference (refundable) and then keep trying rebids?

Any strategies?

I should say that I'm not married to 4*....would just like to be within walking distance of the Sheraton.

twiggers,

Not sure if you're willing to push the budget a little further, but i'm guessing you're not too far off an a 4* may be able to be had for ~$120-$130/nite... or for a 3.5* you may be looking at $75-$90 should that be of any interest.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board..

Mandagirl,

If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC, and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know. And there is another site I use (LMT) and for some reason about a 3 week period in May the prices are high, yet before and after they aren't too bad. We will wait a few more weeks but if prices don't come down we will stay in Niagara Falls or something (obviously not an option for you)

It's more about saving the $$.

If my guess of $120-$130/nite for a 4* is accurate, and hotel direct rates are $200+, this may be more than you care to spend but would still be considered a 'good deal', imo.

How high are you willing to bid for a 4* property? How high for a 3.5*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I was really hoping to stay around $100 for a 4* based on the history of that area. Not sure what is going on for that weekend. For a 3.5* I would really want to be around $75-85. But I guess I need to throw all that research to the wind for this particular weekend.

I too have been trying to get a 4* room in downtown Toronto from Priceline for the first week of May, no luck, bidded as high as $110 and stopped. I guess Priceline and Hotwire aren't the only game in town anymore, with those group buy sites taking away some of the rooms that normally goto Priceline. I ended up got a deal from one of these sites for a suite at a 4* hotel, with free breakfast, $25 gift card, discounted parking at a very good price.

When bidding 3.5* in this region you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown South...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Im wondering if they are currently basing room inventory for the whole month. It seems like all of May is high yet there is only the one big conference. I check several sites and so far not really much luck anywhere. Kicking myself as the Hyatt was $111 and we waited too long to book. Im not a fan of the Metropolitan or Delta Chelsea so I would prefer not to go down to 3.5

I dont mind the Radisson on the waterfront but I dont think you are as likely to win that one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]