Number of persons in hotel room

rebsar
By rebsar,
in

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Has any member from your experience post on Hotwire they were able to stay at a place for more than 2 people? I have not used Hotwire before but it seems like my hotel selections changes as I changed the number people in a room. I do not mind paying a bit higher per a room if I can fit 4 people as oppose to getting 2 rooms for 2 people on Priceline. I am afraid of risking on Hotwire that will give only fit 2 people. (Sofabeds are do-able if that is the usual case)

Has any member from your experience post on Hotwire they were able to stay at a place for more than 2 people? I have not used Hotwire before but it seems like my hotel selections changes as I changed the number people in a room.

HOTWIRE guarantees accommodations for the number of guests you include in your search.

It is not uncommon for the hotel selections, and the price, to change when switching from double occupancy to triple occupancy.

Given that you seem to have found the ability to change the number of guests included on your search, i'm not really sure what the question is... are you asking if you really get rooms that can accommodate triple/quad occupancy?

Do you have an upcoming stay? If so, where are you traveling to?

If you haven't yet, please read your messages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

New to the forum. I have a question regarding this.

I am looking to book at the Venetian in Vegas for 4 people. On PRICELINE, the room type I am looking at is listed as the "Bella Suite – Two Queen Beds-$100 Resort Extras" which will comfortably sleep 4.

I have read the fine print: "All rooms are booked for double occupancy (i.e. 2 adults) and accommodations for more than two adults are not guaranteed."

Now because priceline books by the number of rooms (as opposed to the number of people) and yet the bella suite will comfortable sleep 4, I want to know if it's likely I'll have to have to pay "additional people" fees at check in?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

vegas_22,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start a NEW TOPIC in the NEVADA >> Priceline section of the board and we will assist with your stay there. In your post please include the dates of your stay as well as the room rate you're seeing, and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

First time on this forum!!

I was going to create a separate topic but this is exactly the question i had in my mind. 

I am going to NYC on 06/19 for two nights and I need triple occupancy. Should I take a risk with Priceline (or) just book with Hotwire for 3 persons in a room? 

Thanks in advance!!

• 6 years later...
On 3/7/2012 at 8:22 PM, thereuare said:

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

What about stays that include meals like breakfast included?  If there's specifically a selection that shows "2 Queen beds" that sleeps up to 4, even though the fine print says occupancy is only guaranteed for 2, will all 3 people staying be able to have breakfast?  I know this is mostly on an honor system and if you're staying there, most hotels won't care, but I just don't want to do anything if THIS is specifically prohibited. Thanks in advance.

Lmao0415, welcome to BetterBidding!

Although the answer to your question will most likely be specific to the hotel you're staying at, some generalities can made...

For the most part, if you're staying at a mid-tier level hotel that offers free breakfast (Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc, etc) where breakfast is self-serve in a large room, the chances of having an issue is low.

The 'risk' (for lack of a better word) increases if you're staying at a hotel that gives vouchers for breakfast, since you will likely only receive the number of vouchers for the number of registered guests.  This is more typical at hotels where breakfast is table service with a waiter/waitress.

Have you already purchased a hotel?  If so, let us know which one you received (name and location) and we will be able to comment further... if you haven't yet made your purchase let us know the details of the hotel you're considering, we will have a look to research it and then comment accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]