CA Orange County Doubletree Spectrum Irvine

TannTheMan
By TannTheMan,
in

Called in 2 weeks before our arrival to confirm our reservations (for 4 rooms), the lady who answered the phone sounded very courtesy and energetic although it was after 11 pm. She asked for confirmation number but I couldn't provide, and then she just asked for names and date of arrival. She quickly provided confirmation - all 4 rooms are non-smoking with king size bed. I requested all 4 rooms be double-bed rooms. She checked and apologized all double-bed rooms are sold out, but she could put in the request just in case something show up later. Oh well, at least PL booked my rooms. PL were never mentioned during this confirmation.

I arrived the hotel at 5 pm, my other parties had already checked in. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as I asked for a double-bed room again, but was told not available. The lady told me that each room came with a sofa bed. I thought it was great for the kids as I always prefer that way to have more room to move around when we don't need a bed, but have a sofa to sit around. I requested a room to be on the same floor (6th floor) with my other parties and was quickly changed without hesitation. Four freshly baked (individually wrapped) cookies were given out to welcome us. What a nice treat! PL was never mentioned while checking in.

The hotel is a y-shape building if looking from the air. Each hallway led to six guest rooms on each side, The vending machine and the elevators are at the middle of the three hallways, very systematic. All our four rooms came with a king size bed and a sofa bed, a 20' TV with remote, 2 phones, a hair dryer, an iron with iron board, a desk with a chair, in-room coffer/coffee maker. Parking was in a non-gated lot and was billed $7/day. Broadband internet is available inside the room for $9.95/day. (Los Angeles Times) Newspaper delivered to the room daily. The room was very pleasant and clean. The room we were in overlooking the toll freeway 133 and some low rise buildings. Since it was the July 4th weekend, very few cars were seen on the toll freeway and were very quiet surrounding. This is what we were looking for, away from the busy Disneyland area when we needed a rest. The drive to Disneyland using the designated carpool took only 12 minutes. The carpool lane led you right to the front entrance of Disneyland. Very convenience if you don't mine the 12-minute drive. We went to Disneyland everyday without a complaint.

The hotel has a gift shop and a restaurant. There is a Starbucks coffee station at the entrance of the restaurant. I only had time to make my daily stop for my carmel macchiato - didn't have a chance to try out the restaurant but the menu looked great. Over all, I enjoyed my stay. In addition, the elegant Irvine Spectrum Shopping Mall is less than a mile away, very convenience. I will definitely stay here again.

The welcome cookies were so good we asked for some more while checking out and bought two tins home. Make sure you don't miss this treat when you stay at a Doubletree.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]