CA Oakland-Eastbay Courtyard Marriott Berkeley

rc408
By rc408,
in

I just returned from a stay at the Courtyard by Marriott property in the Berkeley-Emeryville area.

I'll start with the negative. For a new (2 yo?) hotel the room we were in looked worn. As I try to think back on it I can't recall what actually made me feel that way, something about the bedspreads being dated and the walls seemed like they had a lot of use. There is nothing that would make me not want to come back.

The positive. The bathroom was large, I think we were in a handicapped room. There was the usual small coffee maker, iron w/board, TV, and nice furniture. It is directly off the freeway and has a view of the bay and city or of the outdoor shoping area on the other side. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was sold out but they found a way to accomodate our request for a Bay/City view. There is a full bar and a restaurant on opposite sides of the lobby. Hertz rental is in the lobby as well. The restaurant doubles as a night club. Parking was not a problem at all even though it was the 4th of July weekend.

Directly accross the street is an outdoor shopping plaza with many restaurants and shops to choose from.

I feel the $65 per night paid on Priceline was fair for the room.

Pictures posted at RealHotelPhotos.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]