Priceline Hotel: regret on my bidding, please help

tracyrosa
By tracyrosa,
in

I think you just have to stay at the hotel or take the hit

As I understand it ...no refunds if you cancel

did you read the fine print before bidding?

Sounds like you need to do a lot more research before you use NYOP again

Maybe someone will have a suggestion for you

I've posted quite a bit about that hotel lately when people are seeking bidding assistance -- that is the hotel you're most likely to get if you bid in that zone since it's likely one of the cheaper ones. So bidding on Chelsea comes with a hint of danger (the 5* hotel they are known to use, the Wyndham, has similar location challenges)

i have stayed there and it was fine. Not my first choice of hotel, but I got a good price when I stayed there compared to what the going rates were in the other zones at the time, so I was perfectly happy with it considering the circumstances.

Yes, it is in zone 2, but it is a 10 minute walk to the tube and it has fairly frequent service. It also has a good bus that stops right out from to take you to I think it was Sloane Square tube, which isn't all that far away. One street over is The King's Road known for good shopping. So it's not perfect, it's always best to bid on Chelsea only after realizing that this is what you're likely to get.

If ther were a game on, that hotel would be in huge demand and you would probably not get it at that price!

Alas, there is no way to get out of the bidding, it is one of the challenges with PL. You pay the money before you know which hotel you get.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]