Overcharge

johnepdx
By johnepdx,
in

I'm a long time, heavy Priceline user. Recently we won a "five star" resort bid at the Zona Resort in Scottsdale. North Scottsdale. When we got home there was a charge for $17 and change on our card. I called and asked why and they said 'parking and Internet.' Well, they are in the middle of nowhere as far as 'parking' and if there is an optional Internet charge I think I should be given the option. If a Priceline bid doesn't include a bed, is that still a 'room' for the price bid? I think it is dishonest, I wasn't informed of the fee in advance at the desk, or even when I left. They had no way of knowing if I drove or took a cab, there were no parking passes.

By the way, a five-star resort does not have rooms that feel like an everyday motel. We got the 3.5 star Hyatt for the previous night and that was more like a five star experience. Anyone else have this problem with undiscussed/new charges on their bill?

I hope you will actually post that Priceline win. That way it will get in the AZ area and could help alert other bidders. Especially if you take the time to copy in your comments about the added charges. You could even post a review in the Hotel Review area.

What I think those extra charges were was a "resort fee". There probably isn't any way around it, but advanced warning still would have been good. I've seen some hotels have a little sign on the reception desk telling of the resort fees. The fee is really common in Florida and other similar vacation areas. It is a source of frustration to many bidders.

Romelle

From Our Rules and Polcies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please share the details of your win with the board (and begin to share all your future wins and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought people came here looking for accurate information. Priceline responded, by saying everyone at the Hyatt was charged the same. Unfortunately, that wasn't the hotel nor the date I had questioned. I have posted 'wins' here before but if other comments are not welcome as well I prefer not to post at all.

I thought people came here looking for accurate information... if other comments are not welcome as well I prefer not to post at all.

Of course other comments are welcome, but just like you wrote, others come here looking for information, which is why we're asking that you share your Zona win with the board before commenting about your stay (just as you were previously asked to share your Doubletree win which you haven't posted either)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, Romelle's guess was correct -- the Zona charges a resort fee of $15, as per their website. (I am guessing that there may have been tax on top of that.) Trust me, as someone who just booked Vegas non-opaque for that very reason, I hate resort fees as well in the opaque setting, as you have no clue what you will be hit with unless you can scope out the hotel via this wonderful site (which is why posting your successful bid is so valuable to people like me and everyone else). But they're reality in a bunch of places, use the included services or not, impact on opaque booking or not, and as much as we might wish Priceline would tell that there's a resort fee pre-booking, they don't.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]