Priceline Hotel: Odds of not Getting 2 Adults & 2 Kids in a 3.5* in Disneyland South

gm368
By gm368,
in

Have flights booked to disneyland staying March 13 and checking out March 18. Have reservation at Howard Johnson across from Disneyland at $157/night. This is pretty expensive, especially compared to successful bids in the $50 to $60 range in disneyland south, 3.5*. Do you think the odds are pretty good that if I win bid in Disneyland south 3.5* that I might be able to convince hotel to provide a room with bed configuration that works for all 4?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (there are so many factors that it is impossible to know before your purchase if the hotel will be able accommodate your request... although it is generally easier in a family friendly area such as this which is used to accommodating families vs. a large city such as NYC/Chicago where rooms are known to be smaller and a lot of properties have a higher percentage of rooms with only one bed).

If this is not a risk you're willing to take HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc). When searching for 2adults/2children HOTWIRE has what i'm guessing to be the Holiday Inn Anaheim (Manchester Ave) for $95/nite... would this be of any interest... or do you prefer to give it a shot with PRICELINE?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for the assistance.

I think I'm going to give it a try on Priceline for a 3.5* and if successful call the hotel right away and ask what the bed arrangement is. If it unfortunately is a 1 bed arrangement then I'll plead my case and see where we end up.

Any further advice?

Thank you.

If you're ready to start bidding... did you only want to bid the Disneyland South zone? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay? If you let us know your maximum bid we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought that perhaps the hotels located in disney south were a little nicer overall, but I really don't have much in the way of facts to support this (we have never been to disneyland before). I would be willing to pay more for a 4* but I did check the three 4* hotels in Disney south and they all appear to be fully booked on their websites.

Since we have Ho Jo reserved at $157/night, it would be great to get something in the 3.5* category for $45 to $65, or a 4* in the $60 to $80 range. I decided to stick with these levels as I thought it more likely that we would get the bed arrangment that would acomodate 2 adults and 2 children.

Your advice much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

My guess is that it will likely cost you a little more than you think, but did you want to first try a 4* up to your budget, then if rejected try for a 3.5* property? If so we can start with the following:

When bidding 4* in this region you have NINE re-bid zones... when bidding 3.5* you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Disneyland South...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Disneyland South...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I decided to up my starting bids for both 3.5* and 4* zones and followed rebid strategy as suggested. I went up to $105 in 4* and $80 for 3.5* but no luck with either. Will give it a try tomorrow. If you were bidding what would your starting bid and strategy be for both zones?

Cheers.

...what would your starting bid...

It depends upon your maximum bid... how high are you willing to go at each star rating?

...and strategy be for both zones?

Do you mean both star levels?

Started my bidding for both zones about $15 higher for each zone. I have Ho Jo reserved at $157 but would like to get a win where I get a good savings. With possible resort fees and parking charges i think the max for either zone to still come away with some savings is about $100.

Thoughts?

Started my bidding for both zones about $15 higher for each zone.

Again, do you mean star ratings OR are you now bidding more than one zone?

How high did you bid for each star level/zone combination (if now bidding more than one zone)?

• 6 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]