Pricelinr trip insurance

martea
By martea,
in

Bought Priceline trip insurance for a trip to the Bahamas and found out just how limited the coverage is. How are you supposed to know this? All they had when I talked to the agent was "that's not covered" save the money or do you due diligence and buy something that is really going to protect you. I won't ever buy that stuff again it's worthless.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Could you perhaps share your winning bid with the board? As per Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Priceline trip insurance for a trip to the Bahamas and found out just how limited the coverage is. How are you supposed to know this? All they had when I talked to the agent was "that's not covered" save the money or do you due diligence and buy something that is really going to protect you. I won't ever buy that stuff again it's worthless.

We used the insurance once for priceline rooms and it worked perfect. They did request we fax an doctors order that travel was not possible. We did that and we were given a full refund. True this was a few years back but I always read the print before buying and that was one of the options covered. And like you said, check into different options as also we buy for our cruises and were able to get some money for a delay and airfare change as it too was covered from Travelex. Here is a good site for comparing.. I'm sure there are others. http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/

Thanks for posting to remind others what is covered and what is not and to be aware!

Cheryl

• 5 months later...

rosey,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You bought an insurance policy, and just like any other insurance policy, there are terms and conditions which you must read and be aware of in order to know what is covered and what is not covered. I don't think most insurance policies would cover you for not being able to make a standby flight (as the percent of policy holders who would need to file a claim would be too high given the high probability of cancellation) and for any that do it would certainly cost more than $5/nite.

Although you stay is in the past, it would be appreciated if you shared your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of, and can benefit from, your purchase when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and Priceline Maps.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]