Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Phoenix (Tempe - ASU) Hotel Tempe Phoenix Airport Inn at the Mall

koolkats3
By koolkats3,
in

Sorry to not have used bb link for searching - my bad.

Now the one that was $77 is listed at $75 with those amenities. It is a condo with the extra resort fee.

There is now another listing in North Scottsdale for $81 - 3.5 star that is a hotel and would save us the resort fee. It shows resort, fitness, business ctr, internet, pool, restaurant, laundry and tennis/golf nearby.

Third consideration is Tempe/ASU - for $76 - 2.5 star with Suite, Airport Shuttle, Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s). That is closer to friends in the area.

Thanks for your help!

I believe the first hotel is the Orange Tree Resort. I'm considering it as well for a trip in a couple of weeks.

If you're not familiar with the Phoenix area, I would highly recommend Scottsdale over Tempe. Scottsdale is upscale, Tempe is a collage town. Not that you can't get a great hotel in Tempe, but for the same price, I'd choose Scottsdale.

As for the resort fee. I'm not sure there's a resort fee at the Orange Tree. It does mention it on Hotwire, but some of the reviews that I've read it says there are no resort fees.

I just booked this:

North Scottsdale area condo 2/24-2/26

Amenities:

Resort, 1 Bedroom Suite, Fully-equipped Kitchen, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, 24-hour Front Desk, Laundry, Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby

for $76 a night, and got Zona Hotel & Suites - 1 Bedroom Condos.

This is actually better for me than the Orange Tree, since it's closer to where my wife likes to shop in North Scottsdale (might have been cheaper to pay more to stay farther away ;-). This hotel has normal hotel rooms and suites, but I'm assuming we will get a 1 bedroom suite, since that's what the description says.

axe,

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board, helping us add this new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Can you please post this win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your purchase when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on your success. :)

Glad the location will work well, but hopefully the property will exceed expectations.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could check the trip information in your HOTWIRE account and see if there are additional amenities showing beyond the ones above. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from vacation and catching up on email. I double checked the amenities - Amenities for InnSuites Tempe.

Suite Airport Shuttle Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s)

Business Center Laundry Facilities (self-service) High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

The InnSuites was full when we stayed. We had to wait to get a first floor room in the back - worth the wait because of no elevator. One night there were kids running amok at 11:30 at night - I don't know where the parents were. The breakfast was actually surprisingly good with scrambled eggs with peppers, sausages, fruit, yogurt, toast, cereal and 3 waffle makers. And you got 2 free drinks at happy hour but I don't think they were counting:)

Yes, indeed, there was a Gentlemans Club next door with the Ramada. But the rest of the neighborhood is normal with other name hotels and across from a giant mall.

Note: I can read upside down and the desk clerk had a paper with reservations from Priceline that were being honored at $50. That would have been a real bargain!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]