Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Madison (Downtown) Sheraton Madison Hotel

Nightfly
By Nightfly,
in

Via BetterBidding's PRICELINE link, 3.5* Madison (Downtown) Sheraton Madison @ $52 while attempting prior bid of $45 @ 3* (Close but No Cigar thread). I'm not entirely happy with this, in that I made the bid for a 3* in hopes of getting the Hyatt. The win was an automatic "upgrade". Thanks Priceline, I appreciate the thought, but you put me in a hotel that hardly seems to be downtown. Guess I just need to budget some taxi fare in the party fund. Yeah, I know, 'pays your quarter,takes your chances' but in this case, for all the wealth of accumulated knowledge and practical support on this fine website it appears if you make a Priceline bid for downtown Madison you're GOING to stay at the Sheraton. I do wonder if this hotel is one of those places that stays occupied only by the good graces of Priceline rather than it's own merit?

OK, I'm done sounding like an ingrate complaining about getting an upgrade and paying half the amount of money you would if you just waltzed in the place on your own. A First World problem at best.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the result. Unfortunately, while a good deal, this property isn't right downtown. Still, I suppose one positive is that this property does not charge for parking as some of the hotels directly downtown (I believe) do. The property does get good reviews - given where it is, I'm guessing it's likely included in the downtown zone because there really isn't another zone nearby where it could fall into. Hopefully the hotel will work out okay for your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the result. Unfortunately, this property does appear a good deal and isn't right downtown, although I suppose one positive is that this property does not charge for parking as some of the hotels directly downtown (I believe) do. The property does get good reviews - given where it is, I'm guessing it's likely included in the downtown zone because there really isn't another zone nearby where it could fall into. Hopefully the hotel will work out okay for your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks Aaron... I'll be OK. I do think the phrase "Unfortunately, this property does appear to be a good deal" should go into some BetterBidding Hall of Fame Quotes. I love it.

Take care!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]