Priceline Hotel: 4* Charlotte (Airport CLT) Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel

rainpetal
By rainpetal,
in

Please follow-up your previous Priceline NYC thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I haven't decided anything yet for my NYC trip. That request for help is still pending until I know the firm dates for the trip come mid-March. I will follow up on that one when I know more. Unfortunately, my husband's schedule in only available 1 month at a time. We just don't know April's schedule yet.

Thanks for understanding.

Hotwire has a 3* Executive Park on your date for $52. The issue isn't so much whether $50 is too low of a starting bid, but rather if it is too high (for 3*s). Bidding is free.

Are you looking for the lowest cost hotel, or did you want to bid the 4*s up to your maximum budget before trying the 3*s?

Romelle

Would like to stay in either the Charlotte Airport or Executive Park - Airport South areas...

...I guess I want to try a max of $50 for a 4* for a little while to see if I can get anything before I start either going higher in bids or lower in stars.

Just to confirm... there is currently no 4* bidding offered in the Executive Park-Airport South zone, so if you want to start by bidding on 4* hotels, the only zone you're really bidding on is the Airport CLT zone, correct?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in the Charlotte area you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Airport CLT...

Bid $34, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $36, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $49, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

You've got a full month. Maybe check every few days for a week or two first before upping your max?

Also, you mentioned 3*s but actually there is bidding available for 3 1/2*s. You could also explore that at a lower level first ($40ish?).

If you do decide to bid at the 3 1/2* level, you do need to recheck the free rebids. There aren't quite as many of them at that level.

Romelle

PS - there is a nice discussion in the PRICELINE FAQ on when to bid.

I'm trying to decide if I should reconsider my max bid or my star level, or if I should keep trying for a little while longer before changing?

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels at an acceptable hotel for this trip?

• 2 weeks later...

Bid 3.5* in the Charlotte Airport and Executive Park - Airport South starting at $45. Used rebid zones to increase my bid by $1 at a time until I got the following:

Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel

4* - Charlotte Airport area

$56/night, $74.14 after tax

Very happy with this. The Sheraton is closer to the airport, a higher star rating, and much cheaper than my back up reservation.

Thanks to all who helped out. It was a great learning experience.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]