Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Oahu (Waikiki Central) Courtyard Waikiki Beach

ak_jorge
By ak_jorge,
in

First, I have started all my searches using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (thanks, BB!)

I am looking for a 3.5* or higher (incl. Resorts) property in the Waikiki Beach area. I am there for a wedding, so don't want to get too far away from where everyone else is staying. I've signed up for email alerts from Priceline, and I've received several that say someone has successfully won 4.5* properties for $100 or less (no dates are given, of course).

I started with a $100 bid for a 4*, then used free rebids of $105, $110 and $115. None were accepted.

I tried splitting my bid into two stays (3/13-3/16 and 3/16-3/18), but had no luck bidding $100, $105 or $110 for either period of time.

It looks like the Ramada Plaza (Waikiki Marina) is available on Hotwire for $105. I'm wondering if this would be a good substitute, or too far away?

I'm mainly posting to share my efforts so far, but would welcome any advice anyone else has.

Thanks!

You're likely not too far away from a win, and i'm guessing that $130-$155 may be needed for these dates at the moment for a 4*/Resort property.

What about something like the Hawaii Prince in the Marina zone?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hawaii Prince looks really nice, but some of the TripAdvisor reviews say it's not within walking distance of Waikiki Beach. Some of the wedding party is staying toward the Diamond Head side, so that seems like it would be a bit of a haul. I my end up giving it a try, though!

Typically I get an email offering at least some bonus cash after unsuccessful bids. I'll wait a day and see what comes. I'll probably end up around the $130 range :(

Thanks for the advice!

It would be a long walk to the Diamond Head area, but the hotel used to offer scheduled shuttle service to/from Waikiki Beach (i think it ran once every 45-90 minutes depending upon the time of day... but you would need to call the hotel to see if they still offer this service)

For you and/or anyone else following along, note that you can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the link in the PRICELINE email to deposit the bonus cash into your account (usually you're given a form to enter your email address)

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This looks to be a new property, as it is not included on the Hotwire Hotel List. The amenities listed before purchase were as follows:

Boutique Hotel

Business Center

High Speed Internet

This does not match any of the 3.5* properties on the Hotel List, but I thought there was a good chance that this would be the Best Western Plus Coconut Waikiki, which describes itself as a Boutique Hotel (the other 3.5* options currently listed on the List are the Holiday Inn Beachcomber and Outrigger Luana).

As it turns out, I got the Courtyard by Marriott. Looks like a nice place.

I'm pretty happy with the result, and it goes to show that surprises can happen even if you spend three days obsessing with Better Bidding!

Thanks for all the help, guys. Here are the details:

Rate per night: $122.00

Nights: 5

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $97.70

Subtotal: $707.70

Trip total: $707.70

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were expecting, glad to see you're pleased with the results and that this property will work well for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotiwre Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]