Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Newark - Meadowlands (Newark - Airport EWR) Country Inn And Suites Newark Airport

Sota327
By Sota327,
in

I've been bidding for the last week or so trying to get EWR hotel, maxing at $55 for 3.5 star, $50 for 3 star and $48 for 2.5 star.

Started this morning with my Priceline account and bid as follows:

EWR Zone 3.5 Star, bid $52, no luck. Added Newark zone and bid $55 with no luck. Closed browser, used PRICELINE link of this board and selected EWR and Orange zones, bid $57 with no luck. Added Newark zone (3 zones total, EWR, Newark & Orange) and bid $60 with no luck.

Closed browser, used PRICELINE link on this board and bid $55 for 3 Star in EWR. No luck and no rebids. Added 2.5 start and bid $50 with no luck. I am decreasing my bid amounts because I think I should pay less for 3 star and 2.5 stars (respectively) than I pay for a 3.5 star.

Tonight my husband tried and started with EWR Zone at $62, no luck. Added Newark Zone and bid at $64 with no luck. Closed browser, used PRICELINE link on this board and selected EWR and Orange zones, bid $66 with no luck. Added Newark zone (3 zones total, EWR, Newark & Orange) and bid $68 with no luck.

Closed browser, used PRICELINE link on this board and bid 60 for 3 Star in EWR. Offered option to increase to $76 for free rebid. Declined offer, added 2.5 star and bid $64 and won Country Inn & Suites (actually the hotel I wanted, but if I start with 2.5 stars in EWR zone, I have no rebids, so I followed the method outlined above trying to make sure that I didn't overpay for any given star rating). Given that this is not a 3 star (as would have been guaranteed at $76 free rebid) I'm not sure if I could have gotten it for less. But, it was the hotel that I wanted, so I don't really care. It seems a bit high based on winning bid history I've seen on this forum, but this is the first time I've bid Priceline for EWR. But, I know I tried $55 for a 2.5 star without success this morning, so $64 is OK with me. I am sad that my AM flight leaves so early that I don't get to enjoy free breakfast!

Here is priceline summary:

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night $64.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: $64.00

Taxes & Fees: $17.65

Total Charged to Card: $81.65

And, in case it wasn't clear, I always use PRICELINE link on this forum to start searches & bids.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results and this property will work well for your plans. Not sure if offered here or not, but some hotels have a 'boxed breakfast' to go for those who leave before the included breakfast or don't have time to sit down and eat.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and have a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]