Priceline Hotel: Need help with Amsterdam bidding

danap
By danap,
in

Hi - Would you please help me with Amsterdam bidding for 4/20/12 to 4/25/12? I had the following bids and all failed :(

4* city center area: $72

4* city center: $75 (add North rebid zone)

4* city center: $80

4* city center: $85 (add North rebid zone)

The average cost per night is pretty high for this period. Would you suggest that I should break out the period into 2? Would I have more chance of winnign the bid? Thank you very much for any help/guidance that you can provide. Thanks!!

I was researching 4/19 recently. I bid up in the same range you are bidding. Nada. Eventually gave up as I had some points I could use.

For your dates, HOTWIRE has a 4* city center:

20 $179

21 $170

22 $118

23 $140

24 $140

Splitting up the stay is suggested by those amounts. Maybe the first two nights, and then the last three. It could improve your chances. HOTWIRE seems to usually average. PRICELINE seems somewhat less likely to average. And when Priceline doesn't average, your bid has to be high enough to cover the highest night in a span of nights.

Also, to win 5 nights, the same hotel has to have PRICELINE availability all 5 nights. If you go for just 2 or 3 nights, you can get hotels that are only available those shorter lengths of time.

It looks like you are going to have to stretch your budget, lower your star level, consider some more zones (maybe even the airport), or ??

I looked fairly seriously at www.easyhotel.com. Might have done it if I hadn't had the points for one of the chains.

Romelle

danap,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

What is your maximum bid for this stay? What is the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]