Hotwire Hotel: ID=? NorthYork-Vaughan, ON

BinCanada
By BinCanada,
in

Looking for North-York Vaughan,Ontario Aug. 3-10, 2012 for Rogers Cup tennis tourney at York Univ. and using public transit so location is quite important; searching using 2 adults. I have been watching Hotwire(using your link very often! :) ) for a while and have seen these two hotels come up:

3*= SMOKE FREE rooms, Fitness, POOL, Restaurant, Business, Internet, 4 out of 5 on Trip Advisor, 95% recommended for Hotwire reviews. Price today is $91/nt(highest I have seen yet)with the $146 & price has been as low as $81/nt. I am thinking it may be the new Novotel Vaughan hotel or the other Novotel North York-any other ideas??

2.5*= Complimentary BRKFAST, Business, Laundry, Internet, 3.5 out of 5 TA, 90% recommended,. Price today is $82/nt (highest I have seen yet) with the $128& price has been as low as $63. I am not sure what this may be...??there are a few of Holiday Inns with one fitting the amenities: HI Express Toronto-North(I phoned & they are close'ish and starting to renovate their guestrooms), but I see they have previously been a 2*????

I will await any ideas of the above hotels.There are many 3* hotels in that area now. I MIGHT end up purchasing the first night and see what it is and then HOPE that if I go back in for the remaining nights, I will get the same hotel.

Thanks in advance for your help. (I may also do a Priceline post.)

For the 3*, the Novotel North York has previously been seen with this amenity set... the other Novotel could be among the other possibilities, but that property has not yet been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE.

For the 2.5*, both the Comfort Inn Downsview and the Holiday Inn Express have been seen with this amenity set, but at the 2* level. I'd speculate that one/both of these have been upgraded to the 2.5* level and could be one the HOTWIRE hotel currently offered. If this is the case, i'd slightly favor the Holiday Inn Express as being the more likely of the two.

(I may also do a Priceline post.)

Please keep all posts for this trip in this thread... if you ultimately use PRICELINE the thread will then be moved to that section of the board. However, it appears that location is a concern for this stay, and with PRICELINE you won't be able to guess as to where in the zone you'll end up.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Ended up booking a room at the Super 8 for Aug.3-11 which I would say is the closest hotel to York Univ. Had to book it directly with the hotel as they were already booked up, but ?Mgr got some of Tennis Canada's rooms released=guess they had booked a lot for ????. (Players stay at nice hotels in downtown Toronto.)

Reviews are fairly decent, with pool&free brkfast. Tim Horton's and McDonalds close by.:) Shorter walking distance than Ext. Stay Deluxe hotel we stayed at in 2010.

(If we had a car we would have 'bid' in this zone as our tennis tickets include free parking.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]