Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

g1gzter
By g1gzter,
in

Good evening,

Finding a really strange posting that I don't think I've ever seen before.

Looking at Feb. 23rd for one night. Hotwire lists 4* for $93 in Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park with absolutely NO amenities listed. Is Super Savings (down from $199), no recommendation %, and 4.5 of 5 on TripAdvisor.

Is this a rarity to have a listing with no amenities or have I just not noticed them before?

Anyone want to take a shot in the dark of what it could be? haha

Thanks guys!

M

Someone just won the Renaissance on Priceline. I wonder if your HOTWIRE hotel is the same one. It does have the really high TripAd ratings, and I wonder if the Renaissance recently decided to start selling off some empty rooms on the opaque sites. Is it possible that they just haven't decided what amenities to show yet and so are trying out just listing nothing? Or could it be an oversight?

I hope it's true -- nice for Chicago travelers -- esp. those (like me) who have business in the Loop but like to stay closer to the Mag Mile action.

It's not unheard of for a property to hide all amenities, although I believe there have also been properties that are new to the service that do not show anything, then do over time.

This could be a few different things - it may be the Renaissance, Blackstone or possibly a previously reported property hiding amenities. The Radisson Blu Aqua may also be a possibility, as well. The mystery property does, at least, get very good reviews.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I just looked again and see what looks like the same listing, only items have changed. Price is now $95 reduced from $205 (vs. $93 down from $199) and shows 60 bookings in the last 24 hours (vs. 63 bookings in the last 24 hours).

The more I look at this, the more confusing...haha

Prices may vary slightly from search-to-search and throughout the day. In terms of the number of bookings, I'd guess if HOTWIRE is counting in the last day from that moment, there may have been less in the past 24 hours from that moment then there was from the moment you searched earlier this morning. That said, this does look like a nice rate for a property that does get strong reviews from tripadvisor. What are you looking for for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm just accompanying someone to Midway and thinking about spending the night in Chi before heading back to Central Illinois. Not really looking for anything in particular as far as amenities but I would like to stay in either NMA or Mag (doesn't matter). If I could stay "anywhere" on a hotwire rate, I would be interested in checking out that new Hotel Palomar but I haven't found a listing that would seemingly fit that property yet. I'm also thinking about shooting a low bid to Priceline and see if I can snag a deal on the Hyatt Wacker. Stayed there before and really liked the room although the view was awful...haha

Howdy,

I just noticed that the last posting in the "Hotwire Hotel List - Illinois" was in 2003. Does that mean that all those amenities with properties really haven't changed that much in all that time or that updates have been made to the list and isn't reflected in the last posting date?

Thanks!

M

Just to finish this thread up, searched hotwire again tonight and the mystery no amenity listing disappeared along with just about everything else that I had been looking at all week. Decided to try Priceline for the first time ever and ended up getting Hyatt Regency Chicago for $55 plus tax. Stayed there before via Hotwire on 08/27/11 for $107 plus tax, was satisfied before, and am really happy with the Priceline price which is half what I paid last time! Will post on the Priceline board - thanks guys!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]