Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) Westin Bonaventure Hotel

wardnine
By wardnine,
in

Staying in LA 2/17-2/18 (checkout 2/19) and would like to stay in a 3* hotel or better paying a maximum of $115 a night. Would prefer 3.5* or 4* if doable. Don't know much about LA but will be attending Laker game on 2/17 and visiting parts of Hollywood. Would prefer to stay in Hollywood, West Hollywood, or Beverly Hills but Downtown area and Santa Monica also acceptable. Will have a rental car so other suggestions on areas to stay are welcome.

Any advice is appreciated and let me know if more information is needed, thanks! Would like to bid and get everything done today if at all possible...

Would prefer to stay in Hollywood, West Hollywood, or Beverly Hills but Downtown area and Santa Monica also acceptable.

Are you willing to spend more to stay in Hollywood or West Hollywood or Beverly Hills vs. Downtown or Santa Monica OR is your goal the least expensive hotel in any of these zones? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR did you want to try for the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (please click each of these links before replying, thanks)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, I'm willing to spend a little bit more to stay in Hollywood/West Hollywood/Beverly Hills vs. the rest. I want to try for least expensive 3.5* or better. Note though that my original post said I'm willing to bid on 3* and up. For this scenario, I'm willing to pay more for 3.5* ot 4* than a 3*.

Thanks!

So i take it your first goal is to try for a 3.5* or better hotel in the Hollywood or West Hollywood-Beverly Hills zones, with a maximum bid of $115. Assuming this is correct:

When bidding 3.5* in this area you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* BH-WH...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Hollywood...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* BH-WH and Hollywood...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected, let us know if you next want to try for a 3.5* hotel in Downtown or Santa Monica OR if you have some other gameplan.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I followed your bidding scheme using your PRICELINE links (added $5 to last couple of bids so max was $120) and got rejected. Received a counter offer of $146 when I bid $100 that I didn't take. Yeah, I would like to try 3.5* for Downtown or Santa Monica. I am also willing to stay in 3* for all the areas I've mentioned thanks...

I would like to try 3.5* for Downtown or Santa Monica. I am also willing to stay in 3* for all the areas I've mentioned thanks...

To confirm, you first want to try for a 3.5* or higher in Downtown or Santa Monica (where i think you'll be successful within your budget) before trying for a 3* in any of the zones, correct? If so, using your FOUR re-bid zones, plus BH-WH and Hollywood (since these are also acceptable but will likely be rejected at $115 or less):

Select 3.5* Downtown and Santa Monica...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Santa Monica and BH-WH...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown and Santa Monica and Hollywood...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108 if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Used your PRICELINE link for $83/night for 4* Downtown Westin. Extremely pleased with this deal, thanks!!! That $35/night parking fee at the hotel is a real bitch though... will be using your services in the future. Thanks again.

The parking charge is par for the course down there. I just got banged up for $38/day at the Hilton Checkers. Of course I also had to pay $200 a night for that hotel. The Westin was about $240 for the nights I was there last week. So that's a pretty fat savings you got, even with the parking.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]