Hotwire Hotel: 3* Brooklyn, March 10-17

jdvmd
By jdvmd,
in

Need help in identifying a 3* Hotwire property for March 10-17, 2012.

The rate is $69 a night. This changed from the last couple of days as it was $90 a night until a few hours ago. Amenities shown and doublechecked are: complimentary breakfast, business center and high-speed internet available.

It is listed as a "Best Value." Also, the marked out normal price is $151 a night.

When cross referencing through Hotwire's vacation product, the properties that come up are Aloft, Pointe Plaza and Hotel LeBleu. Aloft doesn't offer a comp. breakfast, which makes me think it could be one of the other two.

Please help! This is for my college-aged daughter (21) and I want her to be somewhere safe and nice. I most certainly will buy through the site's link.

Thanks!

The Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn has been seen with this amenity set previously - that would be a possibility in this case. However, there is a 3/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page for this listing. The Holiday Inn Express has a 3.5/5. The tripadvisor ratings on the listings are not updated live, so while this still may be the HI Express (if the HI Express was recently 3/5 and the average recently went to 3.5/5) there is also the possibility that this may be a new/unreported property with the same amenities as the Holiday Inn Express.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

With a 3/5 tripadvisor rating, this property is likely something else, as all three of those properties have considerably better tripadvisor reviews (4/5 or 4.5/5) and the Aloft doesn't offer breakfast. The Union Hotel, which does get 3/5 on tripadvisor, falls within this zone and does have free breakfast, would certainly appear to be a possibility.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have been checking on the Union as well but when booking it straight out, I can reserve for $63.50 per night (average) as a Choice Privileges member. Members get 20 percent off as an Early Booking Bonus. The reviews make me nervous. We will decide something very soon and report back as to our final decision. Thanks for your help. And if you have any other ideas how I might figure this out, please advise.

How flexible is your/her budget for this trip? It will cost you more than $70/nite, but if looking to stay outside of the city and commute in, i prefer a 4* hotel in PRICELINE's Jersey City zone.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It sounds as if she has some thing specific to do in this area, you may want to try MAPS and HOTELS.com to see if you can get her something close to the location where she'll be spending most of her time.

If you do decide to book direct, please check our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies, including the Holiday Inn.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]